360 intake manifold interior holes

-

67dodgedartconv

Reaction score
20170819_191523.jpg
20170819_191523.jpg
Do I need to plug these holes to use on a non EGR LA 318
20170819_191523.jpg
? One is threaded but one is not. If so, how do you plug the hole that is not threaded?

Which one is threaded, I can't tell. If the small one is not, you might be able to buy two/ three taps and use a cutoff wheel to trim them short, and tap that one. "Actually" with enough expense you could do that with the large one.

Otherwise, freeze plug?

Those are egr holes. Disconnect the egr valve. Leave the valve on the intake.

I am the great Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole....

Beavis Cornholio.jpg

Like Rumble says.
The passages dead-end at the plate.
You can plug the holes but on a streeter, I wonder if it's worth it. I imagine they might cause some turbulence, but when and where, and how much, who knows. I have seen lots of 2bbl engines run perfectly well with the plate and open holes.

BTW, I got to know the part that screws in,In this case the missing part, as a floorjet; guess why,lol.
I recently had a vehicle come in that several other mechanics hadn't been able to tune. It was a 360 with a Holley 2bbl on it. I determined the carb was faulty and so took it off; and there was the hole with the missing floorjet! Oh-oh, I said; I wonder where it is? It's too big to get past the intake valve I thought to myself, but I better call the customer. Well the engine was a recent transplant, and he knew chit, so I had to go look for it right? I had to. So off came the intake, and it was nowhere to be found. Thank goodness, but I had to charge him for the extra time. I hate stuff like that. So I plugged the hole so the next guy to work on it wouldn't have to go through that again.
Then I modded the carb and the D and voila, very happy camper.

Last edited:
-
Back