360 LA one piece oil pan gasket?

-

wkroncke17

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
All,
I’ve read some place that a 1 piece oil pan gasket is available for the 360LA block but I can only find one for a ‘92 and up magnum.
Are they the same?
I apologize if this has been covered here before - I’ve tried to do every search I know, but no luck.
Thank all!

Wally.

I know the 5.2 Mag pan works on a 340.. a buddy of mine has done it.
I spent $60 on a one piece rubberized gasket in the past.. I ended up throwing it as far as I could. Though I have been sealing oil pans for decades with traditional gaskets with good results, the one piece did not.
Despite how they're advertised, you still have to use sealant in the corners, and the silicone doesn't adhere to the rubberized material well enough, and leaks.

The 5.9 Magnum FACTORY Chrysler one piece works. Get one from Chrysler.
I also went thru this on tranny pan gaskets such as the Moroso metal core that was costly and leaked as bad a a cheapie cork gasket. Bought a factory Chrysler pan gasket. No more leaks. Worked for me.

The 5.9 Magnum FACTORY Chrysler one piece works. Get one from Chrysler.
I also went thru this on tranny pan gaskets such as the Moroso metal core that was costly and leaked as bad a a cheapie cork gasket. Bought a factory Chrysler pan gasket. No more leaks. Worked for me.

I could swear I have seen where the LA pan has the indent/outdent:D on the rear corners that have to be dealt with to use the magnum one piece gasket.
Here is one instance.
Pan gasket for 360. What one works best?

Unless something has changed, the Magnum 5.9 one piece gasket will work with the exception of where it fits the front timing cover. ?? I remember that being slightly different and having to splice in the “LA” version of the lower timing cover seal with some Right Stuff. No leaks over the past several years.

-
Back