360 magnum block with LA parts

-

Owen Diaz

Reaction score
So I previously had a hydraulic flat tappet 360 La block with a mopar purple cam (which i want to re use) now I have a 89 360 La roller cam block I was hoping to use that same cam with trick flow heads and 1.6 ratio Mancini rockers just wanted to know if I would have to get special pushrods/ lifters to go with that
Any/all help will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
You should be using the same lifters on that Cam that you had on it before. If you kept them in order when you pulled them out. But I would definitely check the push rod length. You may get lucky and there be a standard set that will work for you.

So I previously had a hydraulic flat tappet La block with a mopar purple cam (which i want to re use) now I have a 89 magnum block I was hoping to use that same cam with trick flow heads and 1.6 ratio Mancini rockers just wanted to know if I would have to get special pushrods/ lifters to go with that
Any/all help will be greatly appreciated
If it's a '89, you do not have a magnum block.

Could I still use a flat tappet cam and lifters with this block?
Yes you just don't need the roller cam, lifters, push rods or the spider web that holds it down to the block or the bolts that holds the spider web either. Just use it like a regular La block

Yup- as far as swapping in FT parts, it's just another LA block. Although since it is a roller block, I can't imagine not using the rollers. That's like asking if I can swap wedge heads onto my Hemi block, just because I happen to have some.

-
Back