360 Magnum correct balancer, flex, plate, converter

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
Is this combination of parts correct?? I don't want any vibration ......

360 Magnum factory flex plate balanced to the engine by the factory,
slant 6 converter with no weight.
904 tranny,
Professional Products balancer for 360 Magnum.
Cheetah reverse manual valve body

Sounds right to me as long as the balancer and flex plate are correct for the magnum balance and your running a neutral balance converter.

I didn't think Pro Products made a balancer with the correct imbalance for a Magnum?

Otherwise it sounds correct.

I didn't think Pro Products made a balancer with the correct imbalance for a Magnum?

Otherwise it sounds correct.

The Pro Products balancer came with three seperate weights,that you can install depending on your application. I installed the weight for the 360 Magnum.

The Pro Products balancer came with three seperate weights,that you can install depending on your application. I installed the weight for the 360 Magnum.
So what your saying is the flex plate has a weight on it?? cause if the front balancer has a weight then I would say your motor is NOT internally balanced, hence needing a weight on the flex plate or convertor. or run a b&m flex plate

Hopefully the balancer is a good one, otherwize if your useing the stock rotating assembly, just use the stock magnum balancer & stock flexplate that has the factory weights on it, all you'll need to do is "longate" one of the hole about an 1/8", then your good for a "N" balanced converter, I opened mine up to except the 7/16" bolts. B&M used to make the flexplate for the 360 mag/904 conversion, but they discontiued it last year.

OK guys, I went back and reread all the posts I could on my combo....
made some changes here the package: 904 tranny
1. Street fighter 3000 stall converter with no weights on it
2. 92 360 MAgnum with the factory flex plate with no weights on it, but has been balanced you can see where they drilled balance holes
3. aftermarket 360 mag external balance harmonic balancer

I want to put the engine in today. but after rereading all the posts I am confused if I need a weight added to the converter or try to find a later magnum flexplate with weights on it????????????? or is what I have ok?

-
Back