360 Magnum, mini starter part number(s)?

-

Abodysrule

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am swapping from SL6 to 360 magnum. I had used a mini starter on my slant six, Remy 16054, see pic below. Alas, it does not seem to fit my 360 magnum. I read on this forum someone used a "2000 Dakota 360 R/T" mini starter. Does someone have part number(s) for mini starters compatible with 360 magnum? I am using TTi shorty headers if that makes any difference.

Thanks all, Brian.

Remy Starter.jpg

OK, so the 2000 Dakota R/T 360 mini starter has a socket connector for the solenoid wire. I can't find that pigtail anywhere. Does someone have a part number or a spare one?

1.jpg

Send it back. I don’t know why the post I put has 7 as part of the number. Should be Remy. 99612. 1997

Or a/c Delco gold 3371100

But it looks like there is a pigtail available. Part number Mopar 5014098AD

Wow, let's see, shall I return the 99617 for a full refund and buy the 99612 (superior) model with the post....or, keep the 99617 and buy the pigtail for and additional $55 frickin dollars....hmmm.....

For a minute there yesterday I was thinking of taking that socket off, drilling it out and installing my own insulated post....so glad I asked first.

Yeah, on ebay it's $62. And, it's for a less robust system, those boots invariably dry out and crack/break due to heat from the exhaust manifold/headers. Engineers sometimes get a little too creative. The post is a tried and true solution, why change it? The answer is....drum roll....so you can charge more for parts, that stupid pigtail is a perfect example. Planned obsolescence is a money maker for the auto industry. I can hear them working on the solution back in '97..."hey, that post never fails, if we change that over to a plastic connector it'll wear out for sure....yeah, that's the ticket! Johnson, you'll be getting a nice raise this year..."

-
Back