360 Magnum Swap having trouble finding a header that will fit

-
Reaction score
Hello all.
I am in search of a header that will fit my application.
I have a 1973 dart swinger, with a 72 K frame for a 318, I have a Borgeson Power Steering box and will be running power brakes.
The 360 Magnum is from a 97' Ram. I will be using a 727 transmission.
The stock ram manifolds did not fit, sitting on the steering box.
I contacted TTI and asked about fitment, they told me they don't have anything that will fit with the Borgeson steering box and that I would need to "slot" the gearbox and slide it over for their headers to fit.... I'm not doing that.

Any suggestions?
Anyone with this setup that has done this successfully?

Thanks in advance.

3604.jpg

3601.jpg

3602.jpg

3603.jpg

Sure looks like that box is smaller than a factory box.

I'd bet TTI or Doug's would actually be easier with your box.

Did TTI say exactly where the interference would be?

I'd laos bet they just didn't want the potential laibility.

I can tell you Doug's headers will NOT fit, unless you have a friend that's good with a welder.

If anyone would know what headers would work, @BergmanAutoCraft would know.

View attachment 1716076240
Thanks for the reply!
Ya, I actually talked to Peter Bergman on facebook, he is part of a few dart groups.
He is suggesting TTI, which is why I called them, and they told me no.
He did say that TTI is "several years behind" as borgeson changed the PS steering box design several years ago.
I just wanted to get more concrete verification, before I dropped a grand on headers that don't fit.

Hell I thought that was (part of) the entire reason for the Borgenson box...exhaust/ header clearance

I just reread the post, you have the 72 K member, that means you have the biscuit style motor mounts, right?

If you get a set of truck mounts (or even just one on the driver's side) you should be able to create some extra room

Plus, you could slide the entire engine over half an inch or so

Last edited:
I just reread the post, you have the 72 K member, that means you have the biscuit style motor mounts, right?

If you get a set of truck mounts (or even just one on the driver's side) you should be able to create some extra room

Plus, you could slide the entire engine over half an inch or so
Thanks for the info!
I'll look into that.
I am new to all of this, so never done anything like moving it over.
I'll try to find an article to show how to do this.

I did order a set of Hooker headers last night from Summit.
Figure I'll try those, if they don't fit I'll just beat the hell outta them until they do.

Thanks for the info!
I'll look into that.
I am new to all of this, so never done anything like moving it over.
I'll try to find an article to show how to do this.

I did order a set of Hooker headers last night from Summit.
Figure I'll try those, if they don't fit I'll just beat the hell outta them until they do.
i dont know if you'll be able to find any good videos, but its pretty straight forward
if you look at the K member, where the mounts fit, you will see the holes they go through are slotted
loosen both the motor mount bolt up and you can move the engine with a jack or a cherry picker

if that doesnt do the trick, get the truck mounts i mentioned, they are about an inch thicker then the car versions, which moves the engine up and a little out of the way as well

The hooker headers I installed on my B body small block hung way low to the ground. I’d got Doug’s 453 instead personally.

The hooker headers I installed on my B body small block hung way low to the ground. I’d got Doug’s 453 instead personally.
Didn't they make a song about that ?

Do your pipes hang low
Do they wobble to and fro...

-
Back