360 Mods

-

welch48

Reaction score
ok i have a 74 duster and i currently have a 360 that is bored .30 over with a mild cam and i just got done installing a american powertrain 5-speed and a .391 8 3/4 suregrip rear end and now i am looking into doing aluminum heads, fuel inject it then eventually procharge it. I plan on running it on pump gas, I was just wondering what suggestions for what heads to buy and what procharger to go with.

I like my Edelbrock heads on my 340. If your trying to force induct the motor your going to want about 8.5:1 compression.

I have stock iron heads on mine right now but I have heard nothing but good thighs about eddies and if your going to put a pro charger on it then the aluminum heads make more since.

The "Supercharger Store" can set you up well.

The Edelbrock heads are the cheapest aluminum head and the best bang for the buck. Though the MoPar "W" series is out standing for ultimate power. After that there is Brodix heads which are also very good but a little pricey next to the Edelbrocks and IIRC, not as pricey as the MoPar head(s).

^ what he said the "W" series is the best you can get in mopar heads. I'd of used a W5 if I could of found a set before I bought my eddy heads.

^ what he said the "W" series is the best you can get in mopar heads. I'd of used a W5 if I could of found a set before I bought my eddy heads.

and if you can find a set intact. Lots of bad production isues with the W5s. Unless I personally knew the seller or saw them run I'd rather have W2s if I was going "dubyah".

The late W5 casting with the blue plugs in them were good casting.

How fast ya wanna go?? :) Like Scary fast?

A properly set up 360 with a D1 head unit could make well into 700+fwhp, hell even the P1 head unit will push >500+ with good heads and about 12psi. Like Rumble said, call up Supercharger Store and break out the notepad (and your pocketbook).

I ran a Vortech S trim in my Mustang up until a couple years ago...that's a relatively small supercharger, but I'm here to tell you, when the vacuum/boost gauge starts reading positive numbers, it's all smiles and fun times.

As far as heads, I bet you could talk to IQ52 or IMM and have them spec out a set of Edelbrocks for you...W anything would be awesome, but I would venture a guess that prepped Edelbrocks would easily support high horsepower under boost, and maybe save some cash in the process, aren't W5 heads kinda spendy?

ok i have a 74 duster and i currently have a 360 that is bored .30 over with a mild cam and i just got done installing a american powertrain 5-speed and a .391 8 3/4 suregrip rear end and now i am looking into doing aluminum heads, fuel inject it then eventually procharge it. I plan on running it on pump gas, I was just wondering what suggestions for what heads to buy and what procharger to go with.

How was the fit of the American Powertrain transmission? Were you originally a 3 or 4 speed manual?

I have a 3 speed manual on the floor and was looking at this kit. I worried about having to cut my floor pan. I was hoping the shiftier would be in the stock location. Maybe you can chime in and tell us more. Maybe provide some pictures too. Thanks!

-
Back