360 motor mount measurments

-

craigster

Reaction score
does anyone have the specs from the flat side to the center of bolt holes on mounts for 340-360 for both sides to fit my 71 dart . I have a set of Van mounts for 360 i can cut and redrill for my 1971 Swinger if i had the measurements! Thanks for your help. P.S. i know you can buy them just thought id try and save some cash where i can! Just need to redrill the holes lower in van mount and cut off the extra.

Attachments

• motor mount 001 (Small).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 157
  • motor mount 002 (Small).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 164
  • motor mount 003 (Small).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 150
What brackets do you have now? Trying to modify Van/ PU brackets would be a LOT of work

Here's what I did. I had a set of 360 brackets (they are not mounts, the mounts are the rubber part)

I took my stock 67 273 brackets and "sprung" the larger PU brackets over the top, so they were nested together with the holes lined up, and bolted them together.

As I recall, I only had to drill one extra hole on the passenger side bracket

On the driver side, I used a piece of strap iron to make up the top bolt location for the bracket.

Pretty easy, all you need is a welder, a drill, and hacksaw.

All you need is a cut off wheel and drill press and Grinder, tape measurer. I Scribed the centerline straight down from the van bolts holes then measured from the flat side where it meets the rubber mount up 1 1/2 inches for bolt holes . When you draw that line X marks the spot to drill the new holes. measure up from flat past that 1/2 inch and mark a line thats where you cut the extra mount off at. Thats it took about 55 mins for the pair ! This for my 360 in a 71 swinger. On Drivers side you will have to grind the mount just above the two holes on corner and cut the corner below them on the van mount, block has C shape behind mounting bosses so you can tell how much to grind off both ends of the mount .

Attachments

• motor mount 71 dart 003 (Small).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 112
  • motor mount 71 dart 001 (Small).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 117
  • motor mount 71 dart 004 (Small).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 120
  • motor mount 71 dart 005 (Small).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 120
  • motor mount 71 dart 006 (Small).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 116
  • motor mount 71 dart 008 (Small).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 149
  • motor mount 71 dart 013 (Small).jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 117
  • motor mount 71 dart 015 (Small).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 121
What you have there isn't really good...
As you have them, they will want to locate the engine too far forward.
The right side you may be able to correct, but the left will never be correct.
The slot location is off, should be much further forward on bracket.
You may be able to correctly drill the right, but without the dogleg on the front side of the left bracket you won't be able to put your holes in the correct location.
Better off scouring CL for the right parts...I just bought them for $25 locally (which proved the "NOS" left mount I bought through Flea-Bay really was the re-pop POS I thought it was).
Did I say I have a NOS left side Bracket for sale? HaHa

Couple small mods to the drivers mount and moved it to the front of the block , used stock rubber mounts, other than that fit perfect. As you can see from the pics everything fit with plenty of clearance. 8)

Attachments

• Dart motor &trans install 3-24-2012 004 (Small).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Dart motor &trans install 3-24-2012 005 (Small).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Dart motor &trans install 3-24-2012 003 (Small).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 97
Good job Brother!
I didn't even consider flipping it to the other side of the ears...
Good looking car!:prayer:

-
Back