360 motor mounts (spool type)

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
I’m about to do a slant to 360 swap. I have the V8 K member. I’m looking around for motor mounts. I think the 318 Mounts with washers is how I’ll have to go. I’m shopping on Mancini’s site etc. all I seem to find are Poly Mounts. My experience with Poly is squeaky and crack over a few years. Who still makes a rubber factory style mount that’s worth a darn? Thanks.

I’m starting from scratch. Wish I’d have kept the half dozen I tossed over the years.

Will using 318 Mounts cause me transmission cross member alignment issues?

So far as I know there are only 318 mounts, likely out of the same Chineseoationoized "factory" regardless of source or brand.

My question is using a 318 mount on a 360 and alignment issue. Imagine they are are us made NOS for what it doesn’t matter. Thanks.

use the rockauto 318 mount , $7 each and add 4 washers to the drivers side no alignment issues.

I put a cheap parts store spool type and filled it with clear silicone caulking.
In 1997.
Still in the car right now. About 40k miles. Not easy ones . When I put the stroker motor in 2011 I cleaned them and gave them an eyeball to eyeball inspection. All good

I'm running real 360/340 brackets in my car. I bought the rubber inserts and install them in the brackets. PITA. Susposed to be able to swage them in. But I had to tack weld them.

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

Last edited:
Here's a picture of what 72bluNblu did to put 318 mounts on a 360

IMG_0685.JPG

-
Back