-
Status
Not open for further replies.

3404spdfish

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
in search of and in need of 360 motor mounts for the early a body. I pulled the 273 and would like to put a 360 in the 65 barracuda before I give it to my brother

in search of and in need of 360 motor mounts for the early a body. I pulled the 273 and would like to put a 360 in the 65 barracuda before I give it to my brother
You use the same mounts that were on the 273 for the 360. The only thing you need is a stack of washers for the drivers side mount.

Jake

The casting mount is spaced out on the drivers side and the mount from the 273 leaves a space and the washers take it up.

Jake
no kidding, why the washers and I will get back with after I check this out.

no kidding, why the washers and I will get back with after I check this out.

The washers fill the gap since it's the wrong mount. The right mounts are affordable and no need to rig it. Every so often you will see a block with the casting ear broke off on 340/360 blocks from people rigging a wrong mount on.

The 340/360 was never installed on a 64-66 A body so there is no "factory mount." The 340/360 mounting ears on the driver's side are narrower than the 273/318 so you have to either rig something or buy a conversion mount. Schumacher had a set in their inventory but they are back ordered.
'63-66 A-Body Products

If you don't like the washers cut a piece of steel plate the correct thickness and drill the two holes using the factory mount as a template. Either use the plate as a spacer or tack weld it to the mount itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back