-
Status
Not open for further replies.

73duster47

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Just got back from my local machine shop with my 360 block and crank..both are trash. block has already been bored .060 over, crank ground .030 and has had a crack welded, cast crank, welds are no good for those.
and go figure, my measuring tools (calipers, micrometers) finally show up in the mail today (wonderful timing...)
So, anyone in the southern California area have a 360 for sale?
I am in Colton, CA. San Bernardino County. Hour and a half from LA, Hour and a half from Palm Springs, Two hours from San Diego. I work in Ontario and go to school in Pomona. If any one out there has anything, please pm me.
Thank you

Too bad you didn't know this just over a month ago.
I had been dealing with a member here on FABO and found one for him on my last trip out your way, then he dumped the deal on me after he said he'd take it.
Was a good thing I actually hadn't bought it.

Anyway, I will have a nice running '90 360 roller that's been converted to carburation, once I put another engine/trans in the car hauler.
It could probably use re-built, it's a good runner, just too under-powered for a 7,000 pound car hauler with a 5,000 pound truck on it. :D

Mark.

I got two for sale. I got a 360 shortblock thats been bored .040 over, speed pro pistons, moly rings, rods rebuilt, cast crank turned .010/.010, clevite bearings, summit balancer(the $240 one), b&m flexplate, rotating assembly balanced for use with neutral converter. $1000obo. Or a 360 longblock, bored .030 over, cast flat-tops, rods rebuilt, cast crank turned .010/.010, rotating assembly balanced, fresh rings and main and cam bearings, comp xe274h cam and mopar lifters, comp timing set, smith bros pushrods, ported and rebuilt 587 j heads, 273 adjustable rockers with crane adjuster nuts and locks, edelbrock chrome valve covers. $1800. If your interested email me at [email protected] or PM me on the board. Im located south of Portland, OR but Im sure we could arrange some easy shipping. Let me know!

I just got 2 from Inland Empire Craigs list. One is rebuilt, but I want to get it checked before I let the other one go. If the rebuilt one checks out good and you're still in need, I'll let the other one go (needs rebuilt). I'm just north of San Diego.

The LA CL engine for $100 is gone.

I may have something, good roller block, already reground 10/10 crank

Too bad you didn't know this just over a month ago.
I had been dealing with a member here on FABO and found one for him on my last trip out your way, then he dumped the deal on me after he said he'd take it.
Was a good thing I actually hadn't bought it.

Anyway, I will have a nice running '90 360 roller that's been converted to carburation, once I put another engine/trans in the car hauler.
It could probably use re-built, it's a good runner, just too under-powered for a 7,000 pound car hauler with a 5,000 pound truck on it. :D

Mark.

Mark, that was me. I did not say I would take it, I said I would look at my situation and talk to you the morning after we had talked on the phone. You hung up the phone on me before I could ask half of my questions.
I had never said the deal was done, and as I have stated before in pms, I am sorry to have wasted your time, but I never said the deal was done.

As for everyone else, I thank you for your help. A friend of mine has contacted his source in Lake Havasu and that source has 3 340s and 7 360s all for under $300. $300 is also my price cap. Will report back soon.
Thank you everyone

You wasted a lot of my time and a few $$ on a Motel that night, not to mention putting me a day behind in travel, trying to be a nice guy and get you something worth your while to rebuild.

That "good deal on a rebuilt" bit you in the ***, didn't it?
Glad to see it did, "edited". :D

Mark.

Mark, I played by your rules, and again, I'm sorry you had your time wasted, but I did not make you stay the night, I did not make you try and get me a motor. I did not make you do ANYTHING. You told me you had a 340, I said it was out of my price range, you sent me a pm saying you found something and to call you, I called, we talked, you hung up, I got a call from a good friend of mine found something he thought was good, I was able to go look at it. I've never done anything like this before and I thought it was ok. Yes it did bite me in the butt. But you screwed yourself alright? I understand you trying to be a nice guy and all, and I appreciate that. I know you're not going to believe that from some 21 year old kid who has nearly no experience doing any of this stuff before and am trying to learn. But you did this all of your own accord. Dont blame any of that on me. I will not compensate you and I will refuse to feel bad about it. But I will defend myself to the end on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back