360 oil pan/gasket

-

MikeG69

Reaction score
I have a rebuilt '77 360 that I purchased and came with what appears to be the wrong oil pan. There was not a gasket on the pan when I got it.

I purchased a gasket for a '77 but it does not mate up with the pan. The rear of the pan does not have the ribs like the the gasket.

From what I have found, it points to a Magnum oil pan and I don't see that a gasket exits to fit a Magnum oil pan to an LA engine.

So, I am seeking direction this. Is there a gasket that will solve this or am I forced to get a different pan? The pan needs to be a rear sump, it's going in a truck. If anyone has specific part numbers to note, that would be fantastic.

Attachments

• IMG_3327.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3328.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 181
I would place a want ad for one, seeing how you want a truck pan
I know I threw the last one I had in the scrap pile, I bet someone has got one floating around

It is a one piece gasket. The gasket is correct for the block. The 4 piece gasket (the one with two large end gaskets) that is correct for the pan is not correct for the block.

If someone has a good rear sump truck pan, one that has the large front and small end, I'm interested.

Both 5.2 and 5.9 Mags use a 360 pan. You seem to have a 318 pan, which has the LARGER cutout

Attachments

• pan.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 153
The lower pan looks like the one I have. The top pan looks like a front sump. The small (ribbed)and large end on that pan are opposite of what I need. it also does not look like it has the dip stick guide/channel for a rear sump pan.

pm sent
the pan you have appears to be a 318 truck pan

Attachments

• 20150807_154629.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 20150807_154622.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 148
Thanks Slick Chick. Yep, looks like what I need. I'm interested, replied to your message.

-
Back