360 questions

-
I just seen this thread. I JUST did what your doing. But I wonder if you are going to use the serpentine set up? If so, the A/C pump mounts over the large hose fitting on that intake and you'll need to redrl the intake to relocate the fitting since the A/C bracket cover the hole.

If your going to use the older LA set up, no worries. Just longer hose for the cooler routing.

Thanks for the heads up

Posted via Topify on Android

A neutrally balanced torque converter from a small block 727 will bolt right up to a 2000 5.9(360) after you elongate one of the converter holes in the flexplate.

The serpentine setup is nice, but with an electric fuel pump, some Summit headers (driver's side is tough to fit on in the engine bay but easy when installing engine and trans from underneath), a center sump milodon pan and pick-up, throw in a new double roller and tensioner. mount battery in trunk or get a narrow battery out of a Ford School bus secondary battery and cut the mount and weld it up, Use a 1973 style radiator from an a-body with driver's side inlet and passenger side outlet. Good luck on finding a shroud. There are two fans available. Use the smaller 5 blade one. The other has like 9 blades or something and it sounds like an airplane is about to take off.

I put a 2001 in my '68 and kept the EFI. I love EFI now, but there was a learning curve. Unfortunately for me, the #2 cylinder only had 90 psi cranking compression from worn rings. it was still a mid 13 second car with 3.23's and a 727. I'm swapping it out now with a fresh 408" Ported Eddie headed motor, bigger injectors, a new SCT flashed tune, an automatic with OD and 3.91's.

Attachments

• IMG_3278 (Large).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3280 (Large).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3279 (Large).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3852 (Large).jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 92
A neutrally balanced torque converter from a small block 727 will bolt right up to a 2000 5.9(360) after you elongate one of the converter holes in the flexplate.

The serpentine setup is nice, but with an electric fuel pump, some Summit headers (driver's side is tough to fit on in the engine bay but easy when installing engine and trans from underneath), a center sump milodon pan and pick-up, throw in a new double roller and tensioner. mount battery in trunk or get a narrow battery out of a Ford School bus secondary battery and cut the mount and weld it up, Use a 1973 style radiator from an a-body with driver's side inlet and passenger side outlet. Good luck on finding a shroud. There are two fans available. Use the smaller 5 blade one. The other has like 9 blades or something and it sounds like an airplane is about to take off.

I put a 2001 in my '68 and kept the EFI. I love EFI now, but there was a learning curve. Unfortunately for me, the #2 cylinder only had 90 psi cranking compression from worn rings. it was still a mid 13 second car with 3.23's and a 727. I'm swapping it out now with a fresh 408" Ported Eddie headed motor, bigger injectors, a new SCT flashed tune, an automatic with OD and 3.91's.

What transmission are you using?

A modified 200R4. The bellhousing is from the 2-piece Powerglide racing trans stuff from Reid. It only the Stage 2 built to handle 750h/650ft lbs tq. They make a Stage 3 that will hold 1000 hp for about $700 more.

There's a thread going on the install in the "Transmission and Driveline Tech" section.

This is exactly what info I was looking for your the man thankyou

Posted via Topify on Android

-
Back