360 smog intake manifold

-

67dodgedartconv

Reaction score
I have a 318 with 360 smog intake and heads. EGR valve holes on top of left side intake have been covered with a plate. The EGR holes in the heads by the exhaust manifolds have been plugged. That leaves the 2 holes in the floor of the intake below where the carb sits. Is it necessary to plug those 2 holes for the engine to run properly? Thanks for any help.

Would it make any difference? To plug them properly would require removing the manifold and don't really have the time to do that at the moment.
Well, some come with a nice, shiny-looking piece sticking up in the egr port. I wouldn't worry about it, I've run so many of the smog intakes, no issues whatsoever

1 should be anpipe thread and the other may or may not be threaded. IF you plug them, make them as low to the floor as possible. Flush would be great.

Being the EGR holes on the intake are pluged, plugging the intake is t needed at all.

1 should be anpipe thread and the other may or may not be threaded. IF you plug them, make them as low to the floor as possible. Flush would be great.

Being the EGR holes on the intake are pluged, plugging the intake is t needed at all.
Yes, on my intake one hole is 3/4 inch threaded and the other hole is smaller and not threaded. I was hoping that with the outside EGR valve holes covered with a plate and the holes in the heads plugged that these last two holes would not need to be plugged. Thanks for confirmation.

-
Back