360 stainless steel roller rockers on ebay, too good to be true?!?!?

-

318DSTR

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been shopping around for a decent set of roller rockers for my 360 I'm building and I came across these on Ebay. Was wondering if anyone has used them. They're feedback seems good and the store seems pretty legit, the price just seems too darn cheap for them to really be worth putting on my engine. Here's the ebay #200873660916. I was going to give them a call and ask if the rockers have bushings in them, but I figured I'd ask here first to see if anyone has used them. Thanks

Interesting, they look very simialr to Comp Pro Magnums, but for that price I'd have to think they are chinese imitations. Might not be bad but check the details 1st.

Yea unless the rockers don't have any bushings in them, then I'll probably try them out. I sent them a message to get some more info, so we'll see what they say when they respond.

Hey clv22p, the company name is White Performance and Machine and located in Kingsport Tennesee, is that anywhere near you, and have you ever heard of them?

You need to be careful with some of these. Some of this style have the "self aligning tabs" on either side of the roller and that can unkey the valves. For that price, you can bet your *** they are not bushed and are made from chinkesium. You get what you pay for.

Hey clv22p, the company name is White Performance and Machine and located in Kingsport Tennesee, is that anywhere near you, and have you ever heard of them?

No I think they are closer to you than they are me. I havent ever heard of them.

Okay so i live about 20 min away from this place. I'll check it out and let u guys know if it's a real performance shop.......

thanks dodge74, I just went to their actual website and it seems pretty legit. Also found the rocker arms for $105.00 plus s&h on there. I'm becoming very doubtful of the quality you could possibly get from $105.00 set of roller rockers...:?

Subscribed. May need rockers soon for the new motor
And by the way 318DSTR Your Duster sounds killer hope mine will sound as good as yours. have happened upon vids of it on youtube

Thanks 74swinger360. Thats actually the 318 that's in it now. I'm building a 360 that I hope should be pretty wicked. I'm planning on having it done in time for Mopar Nats, I'll definitely be putting up some more videos once it's up and running.

DO NOT BUY PROCOMP ROCKERS !!!!!! buy if you must, but a buddy of mine bought a set of rollers and one broke in half with less than 100 miles on them. they sent him another set, 2 broke, diff cylinders. 1 year later, fighting a refund but was only given store credit.... now running a set of comp cams rollers without any problem. If your running STOCK cam, you might be ok. Any decent amount of lift i would stay clear away ! ... good luck to ya ..

whites is near me and iv used them on a couple of things. never had any problem with them

They are bushed, used them on a 318, worked fine, also used a set on a small block chevy. The rockers in the chevy are still going strong after 4 years. The 318 are good after 2 years. Neither are race vehicles and have mild valve springs for hydraulic cams. The mopar has the highest pressure dual springs, 115 seat, 336psi open pressure. They are not the quality of high dollar stuff, but work good for what ive used them for. Also had good luck with their rods, and have a couple ford friends that use there cranks with no problems.

buddy of mine got these on 2 limited sportsman dirt motors an the aluminum ones on 2 back up motors,..constantly turning 7800 rpm 2 nights a week with no issues,..lifetime guarantee!!
on about a 620 lift solid tappit cam on a high banked 1/2 mile dirt oval,..stanless on 2nd season,..aluminums was ran for 4 seasons before set aside as spare motors...

I've used ProComp parts twice. Shame on me for being stupid enough to buy something with the ProComp name on it a 2nd time. ProComp IS FOREIGN GARBAGE!

I can understand being frugal but you guys wanting rockers and don't want to pay for something decent will learn a hard lesson.

Fishy,agreed. Bought the Cat 1.5 shaft rockers,for the LA based 408. Nothing but headaches everywhere. This go around,(magnum). picked up Comp's stuff.

ProComp=garbage. I can understand wanting to save a buck, but in the long run one will be $ ahead by buying the good stuff first. Valvetrain is the last place to go cheap. Unfortunately for us Mopar guys that means spending at least $400+ when it comes to rockers.

Comparing a SB Chev rocker to an LA isn't a fair guide. Any stud mounted rocker will probably have more meat around the pivot than one with a shaft running through it.
Chinkesium ? Can I steal that one ?
For low spring pressure , I guess they'd work.
But for not a ton more , you are into Hughes with shafts and hold downs.
I have Sharps on my last LA and T&D's on the new one , so I'm probably the wrong guy to ask. But if you save for a bit and buy the best , you will be a lot happier.
My pockets aren't all that deep , and it still makes sense to spend more here.

-
Back