360 Starter Motor

-

NorthernDart

Reaction score
I need to replace the starter motor for my 360. Since I am considering going to a 4" stroke crankshaft should I opt for a stronger starter motor or would a stock one be fine?

i would run one of the newer starters. i have one in my ram and it turns a 488 no problem. the new "mini" starters are a higher torque than the stock style ones from what i have heard.

Get one of the high torque mini starters from Mancini. They not only have more torque, they draw fewer amps, and they spin much faster. You will be very happy with one. Got one on my race car and wouldn't trade it for anything.

The starter every one talks about is a starter from a V6/V8 dakota.You can find them in the bone yards off pickups,or buy one all ready rebuilt.These are half the size,half the weight,and if you have headers,a dream to install.They produce about 1.9hp and spin the motor over very quick,no more of that mopar starter time with the old ones,basically starts with in a half to a full turn of the motor.mrmopartech

i also have one of those small newstyle starters from something newer cant remember what but its a big difersens to the stock supersized one...

-
Back