360 stroker kit in 340

-
I decided against getting the crank and just gonna build the 340, gonna to get it set up for a roller. Would a 360 magnum cam fit into an la block without any modifications?I found someone selling a Howard’s roller new in box for a magnum and just wonder how it would work. I also dont have any rotating assembly so I’m deciding on whether to put 4” or 3.58” stroke kit in it. What’s everyone’s take on both?

IMG_0503.png

The Magnum cam will work. I put a hydraulic roller in my 273 that was ground on a Magnum blank. If you're going to run a mechanical fuel pump, you will need to buy a cam snout extender from Hughes. Magnum cam snouts are shorter than LA cams and you can't bolt the fuel pump eccentric on without the extender. If you gotta buy a crank, you might as well get a 4". 416 CI will be better than 372! Just make sure that Magnum cam is up to the task of a stroker motor before you plunk down the money to buy it.

The Magnum cam will work. I put a hydraulic roller in my 273 that was ground on a Magnum blank. If you're going to run a mechanical fuel pump, you will need to buy a cam snout extender from Hughes. Magnum cam snouts are shorter than LA cams and you can't bolt the fuel pump eccentric on without the extender. If you gotta buy a crank, you might as well get a 4". 416 CI will be better than 372! Just make sure that Magnum cam is up to the task of a stroker motor before you plunk down the money to buy it.
What do you think about the cam card I attatched jd?

It looks plenty big enough for a 416, but I'll readily admit that I am not the best cam "Figurer outter" around here....lol. @RustyRatRod @rumblefish360 @TT5.9mag @replicaracer43 are much more experienced at that than me, so maybe they will chime in. When you get going on it, @replicaracer43 is a dang good machinist and engine builder if you don't mind a little road trip to the Charlotte, NC area.

:thumbsup:

I’m right next to Gabriel’s Engines in GA who do very good work so I’ve got a good shop ready to go. I’m planning on having the block prepped then have him install and balance the rotating assembly then I’m going to do the rest myself.

-
Back