360 Stroker questions.

-

cobrabike

Reaction score
About to start obtaining parts to build a 360 stroker motor for my Valiant. The engine will be used for cruising and some drag strip time. Not planning on anything to radical.
My question concerns forged cranks. Has anyone on here used a K1 technology crank for their build? Can anyone tell me which crank seems to be the most durable... Scat? Eagle? or the K1 Technology?
Are any of these cranks actually made in the USA or are they all forged in China? Thanks for any help with the info

I have a forged Eagle crank in my stroker, but I have heard many horror stories about their cast crank.

Scat is decent in cast or forged. Eagle is terrible in cast and passable in forged, K1 is a much better finished product than Eagle. Callies is as perfect as you can get, and domestically produced and machined, and about $900 more. BPE has some interesting combinations too. I havent used them but the few I know that did were happy.

Molnar is another that is good. K1 founder started his own deal again.

Thanks for the heads up on Molnar. I've talked to Tom on a complete rotating assy. Now just need to make sure my block is OK.

I would use it and not worry at all. I believe they are owned by the same company that owns JE and Wiseco. If you look up a K1 part number'd crank on Summit, it comes up under Wiseco/K1.

I will be using a Scat crank for my stroker build. I just can't justify the cost of a Callies crankshaft for what I'll be doing with the car.

-
Back