360 stroker with vibration

-
I've been down this road listened to people tell me it was the engine it was a bad pressure plate...all I'm saying is check the external easy stuff first don't tell the guy that he needs the rotating assembly machine shop balanced as the first move...for years Ive seen it on here its always the most invasive expensive thing given as advice. I'm glad I know what I'm doing and can keep a car running... feel bad for those that ask here. OP do me a favor PLEASE come back here and tell us what it is/was... :lol:

to elaborate further how did I know it wasn't my engine? I pulled the 340 and dropped a 318 in and, THE SAME VIBRATION like said been down this road. Its a process of elimination and yes get the checkbook out...if money is an issue you'll get upset fast. I did however get real good at getting a 4 speed out in less than an hour :)
Given the initial information, it started vibrating after the install. To me it's kind of obvious. But what do I know. I'll keep my opinions to myself.

Carry on and good luck OP

I want to thank everyone , or at least most of you, for your comments and suggestions. I am pretty sure no damage has been done yet to bearings etc.. It ran 5 minutes at 2000 rpm and 5 at 2500 twice. It started to heat up a little hence the shut down between. I had a brand new Champion aluminum radiator and electric fan , new thermostat and stat was bad out of box. To answer mbaird it is a vibration at all rpm ,worse a little higher rpm but still noticeable at 900 rpm. I thought I was doing good but wanted ideas and to let anyone else as inexperienced as I am to know a few more things to consider when buying parts. Buying expensive mismatched stuff is not a good alternative

I was kidding about most of you. It doesn't bother me that I get called out on my mistakes but if it helps somebody else before they do the same thing I did IT's okay

I want to thank everyone , or at least most of you, for your comments and suggestions. I am pretty sure no damage has been done yet to bearings etc.. It ran 5 minutes at 2000 rpm and 5 at 2500 twice. It started to heat up a little hence the shut down between. I had a brand new Champion aluminum radiator and electric fan , new thermostat and stat was bad out of box. To answer mbaird it is a vibration at all rpm ,worse a little higher rpm but still noticeable at 900 rpm. I thought I was doing good but wanted ideas and to let anyone else as inexperienced as I am to know a few more things to consider when buying parts. Buying expensive mismatched stuff is not a good alternative
Start at the easy stuff first take harmonic balancer off look at key way. Etc. look at flex plate. Like guy used to tell me when my lawnmower would quit. Oh it’s got to be the crank with a half assed smirk on his face. Take a minute sit down pour a big drink and think about this it’s not rocket appliances

-
Back