360 Timing Mystery

-
Hello to all. Really need help with a 69 Barracuda. Has a 360 stroker 408". When I purchased car I could not set ignition timing. Marks were not on cover, it has water pump inlet on pass side. I had to change distribuidors due to MSD 6 AL-2 box failure, bought a Speedmaster's set and of course just tried to eyeball the distribuidor in. I cannot get it to fire, still. removed radiator, crank pulley and power steering mount to get access to crank damper. I think I have it at TDC but without removing cover, going to try blunt screwdriver on #1 plug. Any help getting some sort of timing mark on this engine would be appreciated. It has an aftermarket damper, the top one. bottom is off a 360 was told. but when I have in TDC mark is still not on the driver's side of the cover where it should be.

IMG_6445.JPG

Hello to all. Really need help with a 69 Barracuda. Has a 360 stroker 408". When I purchased car I could not set ignition timing. Marks were not on cover, it has water pump inlet on pass side. I had to change distribuidors due to MSD 6 AL-2 box failure, bought a Speedmaster's set and of course just tried to eyeball the distribuidor in. I cannot get it to fire, still. removed radiator, crank pulley and power steering mount to get access to crank damper. I think I have it at TDC but without removing cover, going to try blunt screwdriver on #1 plug. Any help getting some sort of timing mark on this engine would be appreciated. It has an aftermarket damper, the top one. bottom is off a 360 was told. but when I have in TDC mark is still not on the driver's side of the cover where it should be.

View attachment 1715763458
Then degree the cam and put on a new tdc mark on it. Probably have a 69 back dampener. Kim

-
Back