360 Truck Oil Pan Height (LA vs Magnum)

-

UOP

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if any of you knew if there was a height difference in the magnum and la truck oil pans. The reason I'm asking is because I'm working on putting a 360 magnum in an 86 RX7 (please don't flame me) and I'm not very happy with the way the oil pan hangs below the cross member. A guy I met at a local meet said that the magnum truck pan hangs about an inch lower than the la, but I'm having a hard time confirming his story. Do any of you have an la truck pan you could measure to the lowest point? I would really appreciate it.

If no one helps you, I'll dig the truck pan out of my garage and let you know. I'm in the easy chair for the night. I'll check to see if you got an answer in the morning.

My Dakota R/T measures 9 inches from the bottom of the block to the bootom of the pan.

My LA truck pan (rear sump), measures 8 1/2" from the front of the sump to the mounting surface. The rear of the sump is right about 9".

Thank you very much. That's what I was thinking. The only difference is where the oil drain plug is located (front on magnum, rear on la). It's not too bad, but I thought I would look into it since I'm getting close to getting it on the road.

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about. This is with the front tires on ramps, btw.

oilpanclearance.jpg

-
Back