360 Tuning Help

-

19Barracuda66

Reaction score
I need some help with tuning my 360 in my barracuda. Specs of the car are as follows..

1966 Barracuda
TKO 5 speed. 3.23's in the 8 3/4.
360, J heads, believe compression is right around 9:1.
XE262 hydraulic
Hooker fenderwell headers
Edelbrock 750
Edelbrock RPM Air Gap
MOPAR orange box electronic ignition, initial is at 15*, 35* total.

Plugs are black and sooty, have been in there a long time. Suggestions on new plugs? Never really drove the car much as my dad typically drove it. I inherited the car a while back and put the TKO in - what a nightmare. Anyway, the car hesitates a bit taking off from a stop, seems like it hesitates/breaks up a bit pulling through the rev range. Just seems a little lazy to me. Bogs hard between shifts. Tip in is lousy. I did read about drilling out the primary boosters from .037 to .041 Is this still well recommended?

Basically looking for close carb and ignition settings, I have one of those edelbrock kits for adjustments. Don't really have a lot of open free space to go beat on it and look for plugs with an area to then safely pull over.

A starting point for me would be to bring the carb back to the stock jetting. The Eddy kit will show you the stock jetting numbers in the chart with metering rods. a new set of plugs (autolite 65) or Champion rn12yc., and a re-curve of the distributor if it is a stock distributor.
I changed from the Eddy to a Holley 670 street avenger, on my 360 and it was a world of difference and easier for me to tune. I also got rid of the orande box and converted to HEI and I picked up 3mpg over the orange box and it also made it run much smoother.

Ede 750 carbs = GARBAGE!

Engine should pull an easy 14+" of vacuum at idle at around 750 rpm.

Need to sort out initial timing first then work on carb issues. It may want more than what you currently have.

Ede 750 carbs = GARBAGE!

Engine should pull an easy 14+" of vacuum at idle at around 750 rpm.

Need to sort out initial timing first then work on carb issues. It may want more than what you currently have.
x2 i hate eddy carbs,lol listen to crackedback he doesn't waste words.

I need some help with tuning my 360 in my barracuda. Specs of the car are as follows..

1966 Barracuda
TKO 5 speed. 3.23's in the 8 3/4.
360, J heads, believe compression is right around 9:1.
XE262 hydraulic
Hooker fenderwell headers
Edelbrock 750
Edelbrock RPM Air Gap
MOPAR orange box electronic ignition, initial is at 15*, 35* total.

Plugs are black and sooty, have been in there a long time. Suggestions on new plugs? Never really drove the car much as my dad typically drove it. I inherited the car a while back and put the TKO in - what a nightmare. Anyway, the car hesitates a bit taking off from a stop, seems like it hesitates/breaks up a bit pulling through the rev range. Just seems a little lazy to me. Bogs hard between shifts. Tip in is lousy. I did read about drilling out the primary boosters from .037 to .041 Is this still well recommended?

Basically looking for close carb and ignition settings, I have one of those edelbrock kits for adjustments. Don't really have a lot of open free space to go beat on it and look for plugs with an area to then safely pull over.

Plugs I like NGK's or Autolites in that order.
Your timming sounds good.
I would take the carb out,and go through it. Blow out all passages,adjust floats ect. Just go through it. Go back to box stock on it as mentioned,this will give you a baseline starting point.
Read about tunning Edelbrock carbs. Find out how they work and how to tune them, and youll be good.

eddy 750 carbs have a history of being a POS......

manual trans...get a holley double pumper

-
Back