360ci Oil and Oil Filter

-

RenVill

Reaction score
So I know the past owner of my 72 Demon changed the original 318 to a now 360 and it's time to change the oil and most sites I look to buy an oil filter at doesnt list the engine for my car. I thought I could just look at the filter that's on the car now but I didnt see any labels or markings on it so that didnt help.
Can anyone help suggest a good oil filter that would fit in that 360?

Also, I have a tub of dino Castrol GTX 10w30 around, I'm assuming this should be good enough to put in or do I have to get a tub that specifically calls out zinc as an ingredient? I know I sound like I'm new at this and that's because this is my first classic so I'm trying to learn and not fk things up as I'm going.
Any input is appreciated.

20240501_173923.jpg

I use Lucas Oil Hot rod Classic car oil. High is Zinc too. 3549957 mopar is the OE number. I stay away from Fram

Last edited:
The catalog says that the Wix 51068 is the filter I'd be looking for. The Castrol will be fine this time, but I would consider the suggestions from the group, that are surely going to follow.

The catalog says that the Wix 51068 is the filter I'd be looking for. The Castrol will be fine this time, but I would consider the suggestions from the group, that are surely going to follow.
Awesome, thanks!

If it does not have a roller camshaft, you will need to add a ZDDP additive. I recommend Rislone, because it actually has zinc and phophorus in it. As stupid as it sounds, not all additives marked "ZDDP" actually have ZDDP in them.

Doesn't Fram oil filters PH8A and PH43 fit pretty much all of the mopar engines? I know that they are not a good filter but that's all that my dad used back in the day, he used all Fram products. Sorry about post#9 my big finger hit the print button before I was done and I don't know how to erase it. Looks like wix filters are used a lot by the guys on here.

But still longer than the ph16 which later replaced the 43 in most listings

Doesn't Fram oil filters PH8A and PH43 fit pretty much all of the mopar engines? I know that they are not a good filter but that's all that my dad used back in the day, he used all Fram products. Sorry about post#9 my big finger hit the print button before I was done and I don't know how to erase it. Looks like wix filters are used a lot by the guys on here.
And they (Fram) are garbage filters.

But yes they fit all the motors just like Wix or Baldwin. As for oil. Penn grade, driven, Amsoil, swepco, or if you must used a “brand name” Valveoline VR1

And they (Fram) are garbage filters.

But yes they fit all the motors just like Wix or Baldwin. As for oil. Penn grade, driven, Amsoil, swepco, or if you must used a “brand name” Valveoline VR1
I won't be using Fram filters again after reading the experiences that you guys have had with them

If it does not have a roller camshaft, you will need to add a ZDDP additive. I recommend Rislone, because it actually has zinc and phophorus in it. As stupid as it sounds, not all additives marked "ZDDP" actually have ZDDP in them.
Is there any easy way to confirm if I have a roller camshaft or not?

What’s the date code in the side of the block? Only other options are a bore scope down a drain back in the head or pull the intake…

Is there any easy way to confirm if I have a roller camshaft or not?
You can remove a valve cover and look into the intake valley at the lifters.

-
Back