361 complete carb to oil pan

-
What year is it? What's it out of? It may have value to a restorer. Otherwise, if it's post 61, the forged crank is a good replacement for the cast 1 in a 400 or late 383 2V, the stroke is the same. As for a buildup, it's not so good; small bore, limited piston availability, small blocck displacement with big block weight and dimensions.
When I was in high school, I had 1 in a 65 Satellite with fender-well Cyclone headers, an intake off a Roadrunner 383 and a 780 Holley, It was a low 15 second car on bias plies with 3.23 open rear and the stock cam.

50. or scrap price. there really isnt much desire there. it might be cool if it is 100% complete, to stick it in an open hood 30s hot rod and do a period correct build.

It does not have adjustable rockers.

But I do not see how it is only with 50$. Could part it out and get at least that for the carb.

Could you? You got somebody waitin in line to buy it? The economy sucks hind tit. Stuff like that I would only give around scrap price for. Which right now is about 13 bucks per hundred pounds. Do the math.

The crank will have the smaller hub on it I think... I do not believe it's a direct interchange. It's worth scrap value unless you have a car that needs it (for resto value)

not a lot of demand for these motors...and if you find someone that wants it, i guarantee they are not going to pay a penny for it, but if they were to sell it would want a million. scrap it and free up the space you'll thank us later.

Do not loose hope for the lowly 361. There may be a tremendous market for them soon.

Buck Hinkle, an engine builder of some acumen, has built a 404ci 361 for the Amsoil/Mopar Muscle Magazine Engine Challenge this year. He offset ground the crank to 3.74" stroke, used an Eagle rod for a Ford 5.4 Mod engine and a Chevy 400 Mahle piston. With ported 915 factory iron heads and an Edelbrock 383 Victor intake he is capable of winning the hp/ci contest.

Do not loose hope for the lowly 361. There may be a tremendous market for them soon.

Buck Hinkle, an engine builder of some acumen, has built a 404ci 361 for the Amsoil/Mopar Muscle Magazine Engine Challenge this year. He offset ground the crank to 3.74" stroke, used an Eagle rod for a Ford 5.4 Mod engine and a Chevy 400 Mahle piston. With ported 915 factory iron heads and an Edelbrock 383 Victor intake he is capable of winning the hp/ci contest.

So are you..

The crank will have the smaller hub on it I think... I do not believe it's a direct interchange. It's worth scrap value unless you have a car that needs it (for resto value)

The 63 passenger car 361 crank is the same as a 383, therefore it interchanges with a 400. Pre-62 engines have the extended hub for use with early torque flights, etc.

Now if it's a HD truck 361-2 or -3, then it's scrap.

Either way, a 361 is not a good basis to build on.

-
Back