361 ? Question

-

68 wanna b GSS

68 Dart 440
Reaction score
Hey fabo,
Was wondering if you guys can help me
I have a 64 B block 361 and also have a six pack for a 383 on the shelf can I try this on my 361 I mean aren't they basically the same except for stroke

It is basically the same as a 383 only with 1/8 inch smaller bore. The stroke is the same.

The "one oddball" you must watch for in old engines, is that for a short time there was both an B and an RB 383

Yea it wont work, you just need to send me the 6 pack and it will be out of your way.

In reality it should work great, if you have any problems or questions hit me up.

Brian

Heck yeah put that beeotch on there. There was a version of the 361 that came with the long ram manifolds and two fours.

Early engines also had separate rocker shaft pedestals. Not sure if it coincided with the 4 bolt valve covers.

Yes from what I understand they were from 58-65 or 66 mine ends with 2205712-4 so I assume it's a 64?

Bad assumption. All that means is that it was the fourth use of the mold or something like that. There will be a date cast into the block as the casting date. There will also be a build stamp in front of the passenger side head on the deck surface.

Bad assumption. All that means is that it was the fourth use of the mold or something like that. There will be a date cast into the block as the casting date. There will also be a build stamp in front of the passenger side head on the deck surface.
Say Jim any idea where the best place to look for a elephant ear mounting plate for a 440 might be ?

-
Back