383+auto+headers

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
How well do the Tri Y headers fit on a 67-69 Barracuda with a 383 or 400.Is it possible to remove the starter without taking the header loose?Is it possible to remove the starter by only pulling the header loose?Do you have to remove the torsion bars to take put the headers in or out?I have a set of TTI's but was wondering if the Tri Y's were less of a pain.

Thanks,Jim

The tri y's are great. I have them on a 70 Dart project with a 440. They do not capture the starter and I installed them with the motor in place.

Tell me more of these tri y headers.
Who makes them, how much, etc- any pics?
Will they work with a 4 speed?

I am thinking about buying a members 67 Barracuda.I had 383 4 speed with TTI's in the GTS and it was a pain.I have heard Tri-Y's are easier to work with.This time I will be running a 727.So I would like to hear from you Guys who have Tri-Y's and 383-400 and a 727.
And off the subject abit where can I get a radiator for an Abody with a 383?
Be Cool maybe?
Thanks,Jim

'68 Dart GT with a 383 and 727. Daily Driver

Schumacher Tri-Y headers.

I used a Copper Brass 3-row radiator. It was NOS as used on a 1973 Jeep Wagoneer with a 400ci engine - Cost was $170.00

Forced Cooling is by Flex-A-Lite Dual electric fans.

engine.jpg
DartGT010107002.jpg

MomAuntTinaandUncleJohnny003.jpg

So guzzimike with those headers how much room is around the starter?How much work would it be to remove the starter?Since they are a shorter header I assume there is plenty of room torsion bars?What size exhaust are you running?

Thanks,Jim

So guzzimike with those headers how much room is around the starter?How much work would it be to remove the starter?Since they are a shorter header I assume there is plenty of room torsion bars?What size exhaust are you running?

Thanks,Jim

Plenty of room around the starter. I just retrofitted a new starter from a Dakota a couple of weeks ago. It was a ten minute job, in my driveway.

Torsion bars are not an issue.

Pipes are 2.5" dia.

-
Back