383 dart swap

-

jrosey

Reaction score
will a stock 383 c body oil pan work on my 69 dart or do you have to use a 187 699 pan for pitman arm and does a high volume oil pump matter or not any other small things i need to know about other than torsion bars and exhaust and motor mounts. motor came out of a 70 newport will the radiator work?

Yes a C body pan will work.I used a 67 Fury pan.It must be a center sump pan and I think all C body pans are..I would not use a high volume pump with a stock pan but maybe a high pressure pump.The radiator will not work unless you cut the lower radiator sump.

The 187 and 699 pans are C body pans. And yes they will work on an A body. I have also read where some people have to enlarge the idler arm dent in the pan.

The 187 and 699 pans are C body pans. And yes they will work on an A body. I have also read where some people have to enlarge the idler arm dent in the pan.

............some cars need the pan clearanced and some don't, cant remember for sure but I think it matters if ur idler arm has the nut on top of the center link.........if nut is on the bottom I think the idler hits the pan............kim.........

-
Back