Status
Not open for further replies.

waggin

moving on ain't easy if you drive a Ford :p
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Contact seller
Building my first big block a body,I have hi po manifolds and it looks like they are gonna be a problem.if someone could send me some pic's of the right ones would be helpful and hopefully some pic's of the proper k frame and maybe a measurement from the bottom of the k frame to the bottom of the oil pan I really would appreciate it thank's Curtis [email protected]

EX001090.JPG

EX001091.JPG

sorry, I don't have any pics to help you with, but you will have to have a oil pan with the notch in it just for big-block a-bodies. If not the driver side drag link will hit the pan and the wheels will not turn, I learned that the hard way.

Looks like you have power steering that may be the problem with the exhaust manifold problem. The factory 383 cars came with manual steering boxes.
I have a factory 383 68 cuda with the motor out that I will try and snap some pictures of if that will help you.

Oh,the engine has power steering pump on it,the car is manual steering I appreciate your time thank you! this is just a trial fitting,I have to pull it back out and mounts made and exhaust and such when I get it all done I'll pull it all back apart and clean and paint everything and do the front end and brakes and thanks for the tip about the oil pann you guy's are awesome!

Right side manifold

You probably wanted to see installed pictures. Sorry can't help you with that yet.

383 BARRACUDA 007.jpg

383 BARRACUDA 008.jpg

Curtis, welcome by the way, if you haven't allready done so spend some time in the Big Block A Body tech forum. There are many good discussions and advice when it comes to swapping /6's or SB's for BB's. Almost forgot, I'd recommend losing the manifolds and going with Schmacher headers and engine mounts. http://www.engine-swaps.com/

Terry

Thank's for the advice and the pic's you guys.I really appreciate all that you guy's do to help each other here. I'll be looking for some manifolds,I kinda want them cause I'll probably leave the key's in it over at dads house.the waggin will be done soon and probably tagged and titled in the next few weeks and I'll jack his 67 cuda fastback for a few body repairs and spot it in and he can go play fishing u.s.a. with the waggin while I got his ride,heres some pics of dad's rides and his dash,it was trashed so he installed a coral reef for his fish to swim in style,notice the magnum 500 styled paintjob he did on his front cragars,I'll be adding some cragars to the back for him and doing all four like that for him till I get all his disc brakes and bbc axles installed,I picked him up a set of magnums and new caps already just gotta sell some more parts and get him some axle bearings and seals and brake pads and seals for the front and make a set of upper control arms

small dads rides.JPG

small dads dash.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back