383 Torker info

-

Darren

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a chance to buy a new 383 Torker 3010 for my 68 barracuda. I'm running a mild 383.. KB pistons, RR cam, 911 springs, comp adjustable rockers, stock ex manifolds( I might look for a set of Schumachers) and a 625 demon carb. I'm hoping also I won't have any hood clearance issues. I want to keep my stock air cleaner.. My car is also a 4 speed. Is this a good choice of intake for my setup? I heard good things for the Torker from a intake shootout from a test a few guys did years ago..
Any advice would be appreciated.. thanks

Screenshot_20240809_101013_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240809_100925_Facebook.jpg

If it's a good deal, price wise I'd use it. Are there better choices yes. Have you priced any new intakes lately?

I’ve never used the low deck Torker, but I’ve used the RB version a number of times with good results.
You just have to keep your expectations realistic.

For a build like yours I’d expect an improvement over the factory intake, and it should be low enough for hood clearance.

If it's a good deal, price wise I'd use it. Are there better choices yes. Have you priced any new intakes lately?
Not lately no, it's a new in box part, and it's a friend that has it so I thought help him out and I get the part.. he want $320 Canadian dollars. Thanks for the info.

It's a good intake. You just need to decide if you want to pay whatever price they want.

It's a good intake. You just need to decide if you want to pay whatever price they want.
I ran one on my low deck 451 stroker 4 speed 65 Belvedere. Good for manual shift cars or automatic cars with a good gear such as 3.91/4.10.
As Rusty said price isn't bad for new. I have seen them used at swap meets for $100.
Got mine for $125 .No hood issues . I think you will like it.

Sometime before the Torker II came out .:poke: I would guess somewhere in the 80's.

I would have no problem using it. I can imagine it would respond better with lower gears.

Sometime before the Torker II came out .:poke: I would guess somewhere in the 80's.

I would have no problem using it. I can imagine it would respond better with lower gears.
I was thinkin early '80s. I don't remember it ever being sold new, even for a sbc. $250 nib would be a good deal.

Sure, why not. You can always sell it down the road. Those intakes will always sell at a swap meet. It will work better than a cast iron intake and the price seems fair.

When did Edelbrock stop making the Torker?

The Torker 383 is still in the 2017 catalog.

It’s in a fairly new looking box, which should have lot date on the tag……..which would tell you how old that particular intake is.

I had one on a 383 in a Super Bee 4 speed car. It also had headers, Crane Fireball hyd cam, double pumper and 3.91 gears. The combo worked, but needed those gears and 4.10s would've been better still.

It'll work, but not the best intake for low RPM cruising.

I ran one on my low deck 451 stroker 4 speed 65 Belvedere. Good for manual shift cars or automatic cars with a good gear such as 3.91/4.10.
As Rusty said price isn't bad for new. I have seen them used at swap meets for $100.
Got mine for $125 .No hood issues . I think you will like it.
Thanks for the info, I'm running 3.55 but I'm running a 26" tire. I'd be interested in trying 3.91 too..

One of my favorite intakes, but then again I have a TM6 for the 383 on my engine stand! They like a double pumper better than vacuum secondary. Just my .02 worth.

Torkers got a bad rap for a few years, then some dyno tests proved they were the victims of assumptions.

-
Back