38th Annual Mopar Nationals Woodburn, OR

-

-Boosted-

Hard Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the 38th annual Mopar Nationals in Woodburn, Oregon. It was a long 3 days of racing but well worth it. None of my A-Bodies were ready so I took my Super Stock and entered in 2 classes…. Modern Mopar and Pro.

This track runs a very efficient program which had me hot-lapping to not miss a round. Long story short, I was able to go rounds in both classes talking 4th in MM (broke out in the semis) and 2nd in pro after cutting my worst light (I had been averaging .020's-.040's) all weekend.

Also got the Top Dog award for quickest in the LX event on Saturday, brought home some hardware and some pocket change. lol
IMG_1151.jpeg

IMG_1153.jpeg

IMG_1119.jpeg

Last edited:
Outstanding, glad you got to race, nothing is better then pulling in a 9lb bass and deep staging a mopar, love that color :thumbsup:
Congratulations

Congrats on the fun day. Who won pro?

Woodburn is a great place to race. the yearly NHRA Division race is there this weekend.

Congrats on the fun day. Who won pro?

Woodburn is a great place to race. the yearly NHRA Division race is there this weekend.

I believe his name was Ron Parks. I heard he wins a lot of races at this track although in this case, I really beat myself more than getting beat by him. I cut the absolute worst light for me (.254 to his .075) in a very long time and I'm not even sure how it happened and I had been averaging .050 or better all weekend long.

Oh man that’s too bad.

I went to the first mopar day they had in 1985. I
Always liked going to their mopar drags and just racing there anytime. Now I have moved 7 hours away so I don’t get there with fuel so high.

I have more of their shirts l packed away. I destroyed the shirt from 1985, it has a 1968 roadrunner bird on it.

1AA999F1-6E0E-421A-93A5-A226154E093F.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh man that’s too bad.

Always liked going to their mopar drags and just racing there anytime. Now I have moved 7 hours away so I don’t get there with fuel so high.
I'm in Arlington, WA so roughly 7 hr drive each way pulling a trailer and stopping at every rest stop to pee.... lol

Well worth it though, they run a great program there and I will definitely be back to race Woodburn again soon.

Oh man that’s too bad.

I have more of their shirts l packed away. I destroyed the shirt from 1985, it has a 1968 roadrunner bird on it.

View attachment 1716113295
That's awesome. The event t-shirts are the biggest thing I am bummed about since apparently the winning cars from the previous year end up on the shirts.... lol

Sounds like a GREAT day! Congrats!

Can you share...how "stock" is your Super Stock?? LOVE the green, too!

Sounds like a GREAT day! Congrats!

Can you share...how "stock" is your Super Stock?? LOVE the green, too!
It is extremely stock. Full weight, stock boost, stock engine, stock trans and no nitrous.

Only mods are to the rear suspension to zero out camber and toe, upgraded intercooler coolant chiller and a tune to run more timing. The car weighs 4515 lbs with me in it and a half a tank of fuel.

Great job bill ! Sorry I couldn't make it down there but I had **** to do so I can make it down next year and didn't need another sunburn lol

WOW that thing is a tank! Sure is pretty though in that green. And it runs like scalded dog.
I intentionally left it full weight as I had a goal to get it in the 9’s. Now it’s time to put it on a diet for the NHRA Northwest Nationals.

What class are you running at the northwest nationals?

Nice job! I didn't have anything race-worthy this year, but I will for sure next year. It was a decent day there, not blistering hot and lots of FABO folks to meet up with.

Nice job! I didn't have anything race-worthy this year, but I will for sure next year. It was a decent day there, not blistering hot and lots of FABO folks to meet up with.
Yeah, the weather was surprisingly pleasent. What sucked was running in 2 classes and going rounds had me hot lapping all day long.... lol

It is extremely stock. Full weight, stock boost, stock engine, stock trans and no nitrous.

Only mods are to the rear suspension to zero out camber and toe, upgraded intercooler coolant chiller and a tune to run more timing. The car weighs 4515 lbs with me in it and a half a tank of fuel.
That is extremely stock and sounds extremely FUN!

Heavier than my Ram 1500 too…

-
Back