392 Hemi intake solenoid blockoff?

-

71duster06

Reaction score
Evening all,
Curious if anyone has used the intake solenoid block off kit for their 392 in an Abody. I'm in the early stages of putting together an upcoming 392 swap and this appears to be one of the issues with fitment against the firewall. Ideally I would like to leave the firewall as is but fully anticipate the tunnel modifications. Any feedback would be appreciated.

https://www.modernmusclextreme.com/...ld-short-runner-lockout-by-modern-muscle.aspx

See here:

You should really consider keeping the variable intake system. You are already modifying your car by swapping to an engine that was not available when new. A minor indentation in the firewall is trivial compared to that.

I spoke at length last week with a local guy who swapped a 5.7 into his Javelin. He also put a 392 intake onto his engine and kept the variable runners operated through an adjustable "window switch" set at 4500 RPM. He says he can definitely feel the added power when it kicks in. Similar to hitting the NOS switch. Since you are going with a 6.4 you obviously wanted big power. No sense leaving it on the table. Curt has done the leg work on this.

See here:

You should really consider keeping the variable intake system. You are already modifying your car by swapping to an engine that was not available when new. A minor indentation in the firewall is trivial compared to that.

I spoke at length last week with a local guy who swapped a 5.7 into his Javelin. He also put a 392 intake onto his engine and kept the variable runners operated through an adjustable "window switch" set at 4500 RPM. He says he can definitely feel the added power when it kicks in. Similar to hitting the NOS switch. Since you are going with a 6.4 you obviously wanted big power. No sense leaving it on the table. Curt has done the leg work on this.

You may have very well answered my next question. By removing this how much would the performance be impacted by the motor. My 2500 Hemi has the same actuator but that seems to be controlled more by engine load than rpm.

I don't know. The AMC guy I mentioned is running an after market engine controller that does not control the intake. He controls it with an adjustable RPM switch to control the solenoid. He's a pretty sharp dude who used to be a Chrysler mechanic and was certified as a Viper tech.

Your 2500 may be more subtle and harder to detect as it's controlled by the factory ECM.

@CurtDawg510 may chime in though he's using the Mopar install kit.

See here:

Wow, you guys like my stuff! Hahaha
Im just gunna say all that work i did, everything was worth it.... it drives like a dream! Took it on a 1000ish mile road trip this weekend

You may have very well answered my next question. By removing this how much would the performance be impacted by the motor. My 2500 Hemi has the same actuator but that seems to be controlled more by engine load than rpm.
From what i read up on, for the car stuff... the intake motor is rpm activated, idle-4500rpm the intake is running on long runners, good for torque...around 4500 rpm it will switch to short intake runners and it starts makin some power.... you sure can feel it when you punch it with traction.... it works very well if you can keep it

-
Back