392 hemi into a-body question.

-
A Buddy of mine was by Sunday and we got to talking about motors. He asked what I was gonna do with the rebuilt 392 I have sitting on the engine stand. I replied - waiting for the right project to come along (thinking B Body or 40s/50s car or truck). He suggested tossing the slant in my 87 D100 and dropping the 392 in behind a built 727 I have to mate with the Hemi when "that" project comes along. Hmmm, engine compartment is definitely big enough so space isn't a problem. Hmmm, might have to think about this over the winter!

People that have no imagination will say that it is not worth it...bs IMO..
I will build an early hemi regardless of what anybody says. It will take forever though...lol..
Also, a 392 not a performance engine?? 2x4's and 375hp isn't a performance engine??? The 440 Magnums were also rated at 375hp. I guess they are not performance oriented either.
Build the early hemi if you want. When they say "why?" say "why not?"

NHRA specifically outlaws them because they will dominate any class they are allowed to run in. Last time they forgot, a 70's Duster won class and they outlawed it the next year. Not a performance engine? What do you think funny cars run?

-
Back