3inch exhaust to bumper

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
Anyone have 3 inch exhaust going all the way out the back with stock rear end ,gas tank and stock spring location ??

Some say you loose a little hp is it a noticeable difference thanks

My duster isn't "stock" but everything is in the stock location. The TTI kit fit great and I'm even using 3" stock style tips.

My duster isn't "stock" but everything is in the stock location. The TTI kit fit great and I'm even using 3" stock style tips.

Thanks I have a muffler guy here who is really good and can bend me up some with out the tti price tag .. My duster too is not stock but I do have a stock gas tank and an 8 3/4 rear with springs in factory location.... Just want to make sure it can be done with 3 inch exhaust from header to bumper ...

I'm not sure but you may even have more room with the 8 3/4 than I do with the Dana in mine.

You'll never feel the difference in power loss in a 3" pipe.....IF there is any. BUT, for whatever reason, from 2.5" to 3" pipe there is a big difference in sound.

You can also buy a section of the formed pipes. They are formed in an oblong (egg) shape to squeeze through tight spots like the areas between the gas tank and leaf springs. This way you retain the 3" even in tight, narrow places. They also come in handy going in the starter area and in between the torsion bar areas. Summit..Jegs!!
It's under the "vibrant" brand and also comes in 90 degree sections.

treblig

Wow! We are looking for some mandrel bent 3" pipe to use for my tail pipes and that Vibrant sure is proud of their product.

VPE-13030.jpg

$45 for one ninety degree bend?!? Walker is $20?!? That's a little better.

WLK-41434_xl.jpg

Wow! We are looking for some mandrel bent 3" pipe to use for my tail pipes and that Vibrant sure is proud of their product.

VPE-13030.jpg

$45 for one ninety degree bend?!? Walker is $20?!? That's a little better.

WLK-41434_xl.jpg

The Walker pipe is made out of aluminized steel and drawn around a 6"radius

The Vibrant pipe made out of some kind of stainless steel and is drawn and pushed around a 3" radius

thats not even a real comparison if you ask me,the difference in what kind of equipment and quality of the steel tubing that is needed to make that bend with a 3" radious is quite different to the one used on the larger radius and an awfull lot more expensive. that 3" radius is a crazy thight bend if you ask me,but could come in handy if you have long mufflers.

Back on topic,no problem running 3" exhaust on these cars and you are not going to lose any power from it.

that 3" radius is a crazy tight bend if you ask me,but could come in handy if you have long mufflers.

Back off topic I guess. I do see the difference in the bend now, I wasn't paying attention when I posted earlier. But I don't need stainless pipe though. I am planning on running the biggest muffler we can fit in there, and yes, it's going to require a real tight upward bend.

Tom's custom muffler build

Back off topic I guess. I do see the difference in the bend now, I wasn't paying attention when I posted earlier. But I don't need stainless pipe though. I am planning on running the biggest muffler we can fit in there, and yes, it's going to require a real tight upward bend.

Tom's custom muffler build

saw that thread earlier:)

worst casescenario,you can probably find some even tighter bends for less money,dont have a clue what they are called in english,around here they are called welded bends,made out of two pieces of stamped metal welded togheter,very short but still a radius and most of the time almost round cost is about $10 a piece.:blob:

Very happy with TTI 3" exhaust all the way back. I would not worry about HP loss with 3"...

What's nice about the "vibrant" isn't the normal 90 degree pieces they sell...it's the 90 degree oval and straight pieces that are very hard to find. You'll find them in Jegs and summit. These oval shaped pipes allow you to snake your exhaust through very tight places without losing any flow. It's like a three inch pipe squeezed from both sides to fit through tight places.

treblig

Attachments

• vib0450416ovl_v1[1].jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 368
Here's 3 inch to bumper on my valiant...

Attachments

• DSCF2501 (Copy).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCF2502 (Copy).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 356
  • DSCF2503 (Copy).jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 387
  • DSCF2497 (Copy).jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 379
Thanks Steve, Me personally will stick with the TTI system it's very nice stuff. Like the bologna cutoffs at the bumper.

My car has tti headers, hooker areo chamber
Mufflers and full 3" exhaust right to the chrome tips.
The car never had the tailpipes on it when I bought it so I put them on.
Working with the 3" tube is challenging especially when you get to the gas tank & leaf spring area.
The car sounds great at idle and lower RPMS. Almost sounds like open headers above 4500.
No tickets yet!!!
:burnout:

-
Back