4 barrel help 225 slant 6 offenhauser intake

-

75dodgedart

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently in the process of putting my 4 barrel intake on as my engine is now broken in since being machined out.

I have the Offenhauser 4 barrel intake , Its missing the 4 barrel carb intake plate and screws, , I also need the right carb I should go with ( 390 holley cfm) electric choke? I ordered the offenhauser #5270a bracket from summit, I am also in need of a new throttle cable as my currently one is wasted, what else do I need to make this installation a breeze? all help in direction to parts appreciated.

the engine was machined out .40 over oversized pistons, valve job, custom ground cam, head work, I had the engine machined out for the 4 barrel purposely , also has hooker super comp headers 2.25 exhaust , 8 3/4 rear end 8:55 suregrip, 904 torqueflite.

all help appreciated,

Thank you and God Bless :burnout:

Your going to need to fabricate your kickdown levers. Go over to slant six . org and search the articals. There are some examples.
On the carb the 390 is a good choice but with your 3.55 and headers sounds like a 500 carter or a little larger holley would work also. The 273 afb is what Chrysler was suggesting as a base carb for high performance. San Diego weather doesn't hurt either! I would get your dissy curved on a machine too.

I like the Holley 500 2bl if you have milled the block and the head for higher compression.If your under 9.0 compression a 350 or a 390 would probably be a better choice.Alot depends on cam,compession, head work and intended use.Guzzi Mark

Lokar might have the cables. But they could be pricey.

They do, and they are! But they're pretty, and if you're anti-bling they have 'em in black. Or, Bouchillon has what I consider the best kickdown cable (Lokar's "instructions" suck pond scum). I'm told that a throttle cable from a slant six can be modified. Your original one, and a throttle bracket, and you're set.

ATB

BC

-
Back