4 Door bench in a 2 door

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
I know it is possible but what has to be altered to make it tilt forward for rear seat access? I have a decent 4 door bench core that I figured I would use instead of pay big bucks for a set of buckets.

Thats funny, I was wondering the same thing a few minutes ago. I too have a nice 4door bench and a duster with no front seats.

Possibly just some brackets made to tilt it forward?
Question would be if the back frame and seat frame are individual or not.

Has anyone tried this?

The back of a hindged seat is slightly wider than the base and has hindge arms attached to pivot pins on the base. The fixed seat in a 4 door is made a lot different. Cutting and welding would be required to make a fixed seat hindged.

i do know that you can get buckets out of a 76 SE 4dr dart or val and make them work for a 2dr,take out a pin and they tilt forward,never tried a bench seat

Wouldn't it be easier to find a 2-door bench seat? You are talking about winding up with a bench seat anyways.

The majority of 2-doors did not have bucket seats, so you would think they would be cheap and fairly easy to find, and your problem would be solved.

If you seat is like this one all you have to do is remove this peice (the screwdriver pointing to). Its held on by a small allen screw and a snap ring. The only drawback is there is nothing to lock the seat in its upright position. 100_0322.jpg

100_0322.jpg

A Full Bench (Single Piece Back) cannot be converted. The Split Benches can. As was said above.... You need to find a Latch Assembly to bolt onto the Backs after you remove the Lock Bars. Not having the Latchs can kill you in an accident!

Later,
Bruce B.

-
Back