4 or 6 Point Roll Bar

-

MuuMuu101

Reaction score
Does anyone make a pre-bent 4 or 6 point roll bar for a '68 Dart? The car will primarily be used for autocross. I looked on S&W and I only see 8-points or higher. I also looked at Chris Alston's Chassisworks and they don't mention any mopar products on their website. Car's at a shop. The shop said they could make a cage, but it would probably be more beneficial and quicker to have a pre-purchased one. Thanks for your help.

competition engineer will have a 6 pt that can be ordered from summit...

Last time I called Alston for a roll bar...they told me 2 weeks...as they would have to bend it as they do not stock mopar A bodies..but they will make it...as I was in the sacramento area...drove up to Reno and picked up the CE at Summit.

competition engineer will have a 6 pt that can be ordered from summit...

Last time I called Alston for a roll bar...they told me 2 weeks...as they would have to bend it as they do not stock mopar A bodies..but they will make it...as I was in the sacramento area...drove up to Reno and picked up the CE at Summit.

CE doesn't seem to list them for A-bodies on Summit. I guess I'll have them check with Alston.

Check with Rhodes Race Cars. I'm running a modified version of their 6 pt in the rx7. Ask them to email you a copy of the CAD design before you buy so you can check the measurements. I wound up making a couple changes to their design (widened the top of the main hoop 2" and straightened the main hoop legs) and they made the adjustments for no extra cost. It was on me, though, if it didn't fit, as to be expected, but it tucked up nice and close just as I measured.

Not saying their kit won't fit, just that they were fairly easy to work with. I personally went with DOM.

http://www.rhodesracecars.com/67-76-DART-SCAMP-SWINGER_c_5371.html

go with the 8 pt. points 7 and 8 are small bars that run from the main hoop down to the sub frame. Keeps the bar from collapsing sideways

find you another shop and have one built to your car. you will be more pleased in the long run. and put as much roll cage as your funds allow. you are talking about your Noggin and life.

the prebent never fit well. I installed a prebent roll bar in my current car back when my buddy owned it. it came from Jegs and not pleased with the way it came out. my buddy got it as a gift from his wife. my car is a 68 dart.

I will be cutting it out in the future and bending my own cage for it.

sometimes you have to think outside the box...looked up the part number at Competition Engr...and plug it into summit...and bingo

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cee-3123-k

Yep

For someone in college, it sure seems odd that information can't be found on the vast thing called the internet. As a life lesson, if you showed this ethic in the workplace of my shop, you wouldn't last long. Please don't be lazy like the majority of people I interviewed over the years, aspire to be better.

Check alston, morrison, CE, rhodes, S&W any number of chassis product manufacturers out there. For NHRA you only need a door bar on the driver side of a car requiring a roll bar. They just look funny without the pass door bar.

Art morrison even offers to bend the seat bars that you still can use the rear seat....take a look at their homepage.

Michael

I have put in 5 roll bars in A bodies over the years...have used CE ..Jegs..S&W...

Never had a problem with the main hoop.

For autox I suggest you don't use the standard driverside door bar you will get tired of climbing over it. You can have or find the door bar that contours lower along the bottom of the seat much easier to climb in. Check out Toms Valiant its a pretty common style bar.

-
Back