4 row radiator

-

Valsig66

Reaction score
Bought a new 4 row rad for my 66 over at classic industries part number MA2255 but my transmission lines doesn't fit. Seems like it's to flared out to fit in. I also have little to no room for the fan. Any suggestions?

There are clips on the trans lines that hold them together under the engine. Remove the S clip and you will be able to move the lines to get them to fit.

I thought so too. But his question was trans lines. So I'm not going there.

Maybe a fan would help? Unless you have a pusher on the other side?

too much is never too much
right? we just had our big annual cruise in this past weekend, most classics were over heating and a lot of modern cars as well just do from sitting and idling in traffic.

I bought a giant rad for my slant works great in the california summers. Plus i got plenty of cooling power for the v8 swap later on down the road.

Bought a new 4 row rad for my 66 over at classic industries part number MA2255 but my transmission lines doesn't fit. Seems like it's to flared out to fit in. I also have little to no room for the fan. Any suggestions?
Call Classic and tell them what's going on with your transmission cooler lines. As far as the fan, You're stuck there. It doesn't look like there's enough room for a fan driven by the water pump. A electric pusher in front of the radiator is your only choice.

Call Classic and tell them what's going on with your transmission cooler lines. As far as the fan, You're stuck there. It doesn't look like there's enough room for a fan driven by the water pump. A electric pusher in front of the radiator is your only choice.
Will do, thanks!

My electric pusher works great with an adjustable fan thermostat. I never have to worry about it.

Yes, too much radiator can be a bad thing. No point in running a 4 core that will pretty much limit you to an electric pusher fan when you could have run a 3 core that would have worked great and still could have used an mechanical fan or an electric puller, of which there are a lot more options. Now you'll need your giant radiator to make up for the tiny fan you'll have to run.

I run a 26" 3 core with a Ford Contour electric fan, it cools my 400-ish hp 340 great. I daily drive it and have been out in temperatures as hot as 108*, no issues. It will idle all day long and never overheat, don't have to worry about it at all.

A 22" 3 core would cool that /6 just fine, still would have been overkill, and would be way easier to set up a fan for. Heck a 22" 2-core should be overkill, and you could have run that with a nice OE shroud and a mechanical fan. If that won't cool a /6, you have other issues that you're band-aiding with a oversize radiator.

Yes, too much radiator can be a bad thing. No point in running a 4 core that will pretty much limit you to an electric pusher fan when you could have run a 3 core that would have worked great and still could have used an mechanical fan or an electric puller, of which there are a lot more options. Now you'll need your giant radiator to make up for the tiny fan you'll have to run.

I run a 26" 3 core with a Ford Contour electric fan, it cools my 400-ish hp 340 great. I daily drive it and have been out in temperatures as hot as 108*, no issues. It will idle all day long and never overheat, don't have to worry about it at all.

A 22" 3 core would cool that /6 just fine, still would have been overkill, and would be way easier to set up a fan for. Heck a 22" 2-core should be overkill, and you could have run that with a nice OE shroud and a mechanical fan. If that won't cool a /6, you have other issues that you're band-aiding with a oversize radiator.

couldnt have been said better.id send it back or sell it and get one that fits.my 500 hp 360 never gets above 200 deg. even as outside temps get to the high 90s.but do as you will and do as suggested and put a fan on the front.oem cooling systems never have issue,hell its a stock /6 motor.4 core waay overcooled

No such thing as overkill when it comes to cooling

If it keeps you from running a properly sized fan, yes, there is.

Running a giant radiator at the expense of fan size and capability is just as bad as running an undersized radiator and trying to make up for it elsewhere. Components have to work together.

QUOTE="RustyRatRod, post: 1971801594, member: 14960"]Well yeah, when you can't fit a fan in, that's overkill.

A 4 row in that is like takin a 25 dollar hooker out for a 250 dollar meal.[/QUOTE]
:lol: As always, putting things in perspective.

-
Back