4 speed Hump for a auto shifter

-

Papaduster

Reaction score
Just got to thinking how cool it'd look to hide a Hurst Vmatic or a B&M shifter under a 4 speed tunnel hump with just the rubber boot and shifter on top, I'm thinking of doing this on a front bench seat 71 Duster, Anybody ever done this? Seems like its doable,
If anyone has the tunnel demensions then I could find a cable shiter and modify things to fit

Just got to thinking how cool it'd look to hide a Hurst Vmatic or a B&M shifter under a 4 speed tunnel hump with just the rubber boot and shifter on top, I'm thinking of doing this on a front bench seat 71 Duster, Anybody ever done this? Seems like its doable,
If anyone has the tunnel demensions then I could find a cable shiter and modify things to fit

Lokar makes shifters for just that idea (common in Hot Rods and what not, 4-Speed Appearance but with an Automatic)

http://www.lokar.com/product-pgs/shifters/shifter-product-pgs/auto-trans-shifter.html

Thats really cool looking, but what about thoes with a 4 speed factory trans hump that they dont want to cut and remove it and reweld a new plate? It looks like the Lokar shifter is centered over the auto trans and the 4 speed Mopar hump is off set to the left Any ideas using a Auto shift under the 4 speed hump?

Would that be a good idea, to put the shift mechanism outside of the cabin, in the elements? Probably work for a fair-weather car. Not so much up here in igloo-country.As to the cool factor,yup. (as long as the column shifter got ditched). Otherwise, id be reminded of a certain movie-car.PS. there is very little room down there, even with the hump.

Thats really cool looking, but what about thoes with a 4 speed factory trans hump that they dont want to cut and remove it and reweld a new plate? It looks like the Lokar shifter is centered over the auto trans and the 4 speed Mopar hump is off set to the left Any ideas using a Auto shift under the 4 speed hump?

Modify the brackets supplied (or add your own brackets to the supplied brackets) to offset the lokar shifter to the left to fit under the 4-Speed Hump.

No matter what shifter you choose, you're going to have to make or modify brackets to locate it in the 4-Speed Hump. No one makes an Auto Shifter to fit that purpose with the exception of Lokar's Universal setup (more or less a non-vehicle/body style specific design with the exception of the mounting brackets & linkage).

-
Back