4 speed hump location

-

skep419

No show, all go!
Reaction score
69 Dart 4 speed hole location. Anybody have measurements of where it should be? I don't have all the parts for the 4 speed yet. I have the floors pans cut out and would like to weld in the 4 speed hump. Plan on using the 727 until I have everything for the swap. Or how to use the parts I have to weld in hump. (318 OE engine, 340 block , 360 still connected to 727, 68 A833, shifter, no bellhousing, no linkage) could I just bolt the trans to the crossmember and use a jack for the front?

if your using the repo peice its 1.5 to 2" from the seam for the floor pan to the edge of the hump peice

Just center the shifter in the hole with it in neutral. Done deal.

Just center the shifter in the hole with it in neutral. Done deal.

well he dosn't have the rest of the parts to do so but you should be good by installing the rear trans mount and make sure you have the right shifter adapter for the setup...

Thanks. Sounds like it would be a good idea to locate some shifter rods before I start welding.

I'm just about ready to weld in my hump. I'll take some pictures and get some measurements for you tomorrow.
How's that?

Ted

Thanks. Sounds like it would be a good idea to locate some shifter rods before I start welding.

That's how I am gonna do mine. I am gonna cut the trans tunnel so the shifter and rods and come through, mount the shifter and center the shifter in neutral in the trans tunnel hole and weld that pup down. It will be closer to "my" application than the factory did it. Cause you know damn well they got them all in a little bit different spot. lol

Here's a few shots of what I'm putting together. The floors on both sides are new and the tunell is from a doner. The hump is original from the car.
As you can see I'm using a V-Gate. If that thing fits in there then any other shifter will fit as well.
If you need more let me know.

Ted

Attachments

• DSC03577.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 631
  • DSC03578.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 617
  • DSC03583.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 610
go to my build progress u will see pics of my hump i just installed

You'll notice the floor has contours , the hump is contoured also , it's not to hard to figure out where it goes once you drop in on the fllor pan. do as the person that put the pictures above did , drop it on , trace it out , go an inch or so inside your tracing and that is what you cut out .

-
Back