4 speed pistol grip ?????

-

BadBee

'69 Dart 440/6/4 speed
Reaction score
Hello All!!
I'm sure this has been on the floor BEFORE!!! BUT?? What is the best PISTOL GRIP
SHIFTER FOR AN A BODY '69 Dart??? 71-74 E body or 71-74 B Body, this application being
Non Console!! Thanks in ADVANCE TO ALL!!!

Man, I thought the title was a subliminal slip.

Postol Grip. :D

Yea I Got an A in spelling !!!its been a L-o-n-g DAAAAY!!

DEMON
Any pics of what it looks like ?? ( SET UP THAT IS)
Thanks Bro!! BTW the APP is bucket seats!!

Hers a picture of mine.....
I think for sure mine is from a B Body....
It was in the car when I got it...

Attachments

• IMAG0589.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 821
Looks Sharp Ricihie!!
I had one in my '69 Bee

Yes the B Body ones are taller....

Attachments

• IMAG0589.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 740
  • IMAG0590.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 745
  • IMAG0591.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 759
Rich ,what is the Approximate length ???
A THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Here's a picture of mine. Also a 71 to 74 B Body handle.

Attachments

• IMG_20150906_204319.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 725
Nice Joe,does that shifter come in 1 style? Or is there a console model as well,or one does it all???
Thanks

There are 2 71-74 B-body pistol grip shifters. The non-console shifter is the one that you want, it was used for bench seat cars. The 71-74 B-body console shifter is the same as the E-body shifter. 71-74 B-body's had two different shifter positions, the rearward position was the same as E-bodies. The forward position was used for bench seat or buddy seat cars. That's why the long tailshaft B/E-body 833's had two shift mounts on the transmission.

This is a 71-74 non-console pistol grip shifter in my Duster...

IMG_5176_zps782af97e.jpg

Just the 71-74 non-console shifter
dcc-4510611_w_ml.jpg

E-body, 71-74 B body console shifter
s-l500.jpg

The E-body shifters are useful for A-bodies with consoles, Gunslinger makes an offset bracket that lets you use a pistol grip shifter with a console, but the bracket makes the shifter come higher out of the floor so some prefer to use the E-body handle with the offset bracket.

Great stuff 72 blu!! Thanks, also you too Phil, is that what they refer to the "Offset" bracket?? Thanks Men I'm sure it's helping just more than ME!!

Nice buckets Richie! I have A12 RR buckets with Headrests in my '69.nice thread Guys!!

I had both in my Duster, I did not like them. I think the handle tilts to far forward. If I had to choose I would go with the B Body one. Just my 2 cents

-
Back