4 speed with no vin#??? Warranty?

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Did the factory warranty replacement 4 speed transmissions have the flat spot for the VIN present and just not have a number stamped or was there no flat spot on them at all? Did they use year correct trans when they replaced them?

Did the have the flat area for the VIN# and it is just left blank?

Yep.
When they were cast, they did not know if it was going in a new vehicle right away or if it was going to be used as a relacement...it just went to Chrysler.

So that explains the one I have with a flat place for the VIN# and no number but I also have one without any flt area for a VIN#. What's the deal with this one?

What do these casting numbers mean? C99126-3 H3 C99129?

Can you tell the manufacture date by these numbers above?

What do these casting numbers mean? C99126-3 H3 C99129?
They dont 'mean' anything, they just are production engineering drawing casting numbers. Those are early 70's case numbers.

On the issue of no numbers on vin boss, If we are talking about the above case, usually warrenty trans still had the pp833 plus assembly date code, but no vin code.

If we are talking about 1967 cast case, it is because the new castings just hadnt gotten into 1968 production to have a vin stamped into it.

So it should have pp833 and some date numbers on the flat area? Just no VIN, correct? Mine is totally blank.

Do you know about the 4 speed I have without any flat area for the VIN cast into it? Would it be a warranty trans too?

pre mid 67 castings didnt have the vin boss. ie think 64 to 67 cars

what is the casting date on this case. look on side cover edge of case front
xx-xx-***

One the pre 67 case couldnt find and stampings. Just a C95664 and 6x8 on the side cover.

-
Back