4" stroke 360 crank in a 318..?

-

bschubarg

Reaction score
On ebay there is a crank from Eagle that is for the 360. It is a 4" stroke. I know that you can "turn down" the mains on a stock 360 to fit the 318. Could the same be done on this Stroker from Eagle. They only want 230.00 for the crank. Would it be worth it to put into my 318 which is on the engine stand waiting for some machine work to be performed? Or should I buy a Chevy?

bschubarg said:
On ebay there is a crank from Eagle that is for the 360. It is a 4" stroke. I know that you can "turn down" the mains on a stock 360 to fit the 318. Could the same be done on this Stroker from Eagle. They only want 230.00 for the crank. Would it be worth it to put into my 318 which is on the engine stand waiting for some machine work to be performed? Or should I buy a Chevy?

$230 + 150 for machining + $380 + shipping and hassle back and forth from MS. I think you can buy one from Mopar for less than 500.

If you go Chevy - I'll have to hunt you down and harm you along with a lot of :cussing:

Did you look for pistons for this combo yet?

Nope, haven't looked for pistons yet. Good thought. Maybe I ought to relent and just get a 360 block.

Know anybody with a 360 block here in South Florida?

I think the 318/340 mains 4" crank from MP is like $340 new? You cant get the ebag one shipped, and turned down for that. You could also just pick up a used 360 crank and have that turned, and make your 318 into a 350. Close enough to GM...;)

bschubarg said:
If you don't want to worry about speeding tickets put in the Chevy motor. Of course you will also have a worthless pig of a vehicle as well that you can park next to any Camaro in a local trailer park surrounded by nonrunning washing machines and lawnmowers :toothy7: .

69Chrgr said:
If you don't want to worry about speeding tickets put in the Chevy motor. Of course you will also have a worthless pig of a vehicle as well that you can park next to any Camaro in a local trailer park surrounded by nonrunning washing machines and lawnmowers :toothy7: .

LOL! :sign5:

-
Back