4 tenths after cam change!!!

-

Mister Twister

Reaction score
We removed stock cam shifting @ 4000rpm and installed comp cams 268/444 Now shifting @ 5000 we set this straight up for now. Did loose some 60' time and made it up on the other end with over 4mph better. This change cost less than $150 bucks. Don't think my MSD I am installing will make that much he he any change to the negative in my E.T. would be fine. Still a stock slant block and head with some bolt on's not bad. 16.30 @ 82mph 3150lbs without me in the car.

Up your initial timing a few degrees, the engine might like it.

Be careful of too much total.

When we started 20.2 that is 1 1/2 seconds per year hope this will continue ,first three runs 18 last three 28 adv Iwill try more next time. Have a good day crackedback.

Try setting the initial timing at about 10-12 degrees, and limit the total to about 26-28. Slants like a lot of initial and much less total the a v-8.

Hello Charlie thanks for your input. I guess it don't need any more the distributor is fixed.

I just ran my bet YET,1.67 60 ft,8.12 in the eighth,stock rods,pistons,valve train.My car is light,I have my dist at 20 initial,29 all in.All Motor Guzzi Mark

Nice going Madmax /6!!! I don't need to run any more timing it's set @ 28 degress fixed. Both you and Charrlie said the same thing. Going to install my MSD next week. It may change a little.

Going to install my MSD next week. It may change a little.

You don't need an MSD on a slant, unless it is really radical. I run a homemade HEI, much less money. Spark is almost a large as MSD. Also a lot of people do not realize this, but the MSD only has multi spark below 3,000 rpm. I did try back to back comparison on my 66 Valiant, HEI to MSD 6AL, no difference in 1/4 mile performance. MSD close to $200 without oil, HEI about $40 including coil.

PS: You never made it up to my place for a visit.

Hello Charrlie it's a BTM for the turbo going in the future. Just running pertronics in the old points dist now. Nice talkin with you again ENJOY what is left of the weekend. The visit are you doing Don Garlits this year?

Hello Charrlie it's a BTM for the turbo going in the future. Just running pertronics in the old points dist now. Nice talkin with you again ENJOY what is left of the weekend. The visit are you doing Don Garlits this year?

Let me know how the BTM works out for you. I have the seperate BTM box that connects to the MSD6A, and never could get it to work right. It was a problem with the tach reading wacky, so I never tried it at the track.

Most likely will go to Garlits, it's close.

Just a FYI, on my 66 Valiant, I got the head milled .100 for $60, and no other changes, picked up 3 tenths and 3 mph. Thats good bang for the buck.

-
Back