4" to 4.5" bolt adapter

-

magnaman

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you all know, in case you don't already know, Stockton Wheels in California have billet adapters for 4 to 4.5 inch conversion. I don't know anything about them - only that they have them.

I saw that. I dont think Id run them on anything with good power though.

I also emailed them about thin 4" spacer. Havent heard back yet.

Think they'd be suitalbe for a street ride? I can't afford the conversion to the 4.5 setup, but could handle the adapters. Thoughts

I am using some el-cheapo Trans-Dapt wheel adapter on my Dart. They are cast aluminum, not billet. They have held up well for over a year with an almost stock 318. I wouldn't recommend them for high performance setup.

I wouldn't do it.
dartqp.jpg

That's after I pulled it back down

I wouldn't trust them with a good motor...i don't really trust them for street driving with a wore out slant six...just make sure you keep everything tight and double check em if you use em.

Another bad thing about them, going to screw up your backspace by about an inch. So if you are going that route, don't forget to include width of spacer into the equation. :roll: Good luck I still have a pair of new small bolt 15 X 8 rallye rims and a pair of new 14 X 7 rev offset small pattern cragars I will sell. Buy them b4 my wife gets half of them.

I've had a set on my car for the last 20+ years and running with slicks and I havent had any problem (and I have good power too...LOL)But they were made a long time ago when stuff was made well. The ones I see today... wouldn't let an ex-wife go to the mailbox on them ...lol truth be I AM going to convert to 4.5 in the next few weeks just because I feel I been pushing my luck!!!
Ps. there is an ulternative to expensive axles and I will let ya know after I try it myself ...LOL

I know I'm reviving an old post but just wanted to say my 68 Cuda had the axles and drums redrilled to the 4-1/2" pattern yrs. ago. Went with good quality 7/16 studs and been going fine since. Abused alot too with about 400 hp.

Just sent mine off to do the same thing so I can go with 4 wheel disc brakes and some keystone classics $100 sure beats $250 from Mosler ...LOL

-
Back