4 wheel disc master cylinder?

-

JGC403

Reaction score
What master cylinder are people using that have disc brakes at all 4 wheels?

I am just running the stock manual unit still. I should install a proportioning valve, although my brake bias seems pretty good. I am running skinnies up front with 325 drag radials in the back.

I am installing a Master Power 4 wheel disc kit right now. The kit comes with a stock style 73-76 A body master cyl and proportioning valve. The instructions that come with the kit say to disassemble the prop valve and remove the guts, turning it into a distribution block. Then they recommend adding an adjustable prop valve in line if you experience the rear brakes locking. I will be calling them soon for clarification. Good tech line guy there!

Good luck with Master Power....I run an MP factory style master with 1.032" bore plastic tank unit.

I'm confused. Have you had good luck with Master Power, or are you being sarcastic? I have a lot of money tied up in this set up.

Bore master cylinder should be the correct size for the brackets that you use. caliper bores require different sizes of bottles.

Sarcastic...

Can you be more specific? What kind of problems have YOU had with MP? So far their tech dept has been more than helpful, and I didn't even buy anything from them. I bought a kit off of ebay. The original owner bought a complete 4 wheel disc kit with slotted and cross drilled rotors, but passed away before getting a chance to install it.

I am installing a Master Power 4 wheel disc kit right now. The kit comes with a stock style 73-76 A body master cyl and proportioning valve. The instructions that come with the kit say to disassemble the prop valve and remove the guts, turning it into a distribution block. Then they recommend adding an adjustable prop valve in line if you experience the rear brakes locking. I will be calling them soon for clarification. Good tech line guy there!

if they say you might need an adjustable prop valve then why use the stock prop valve turned distribution block at all.
just run a brake line from the MC to a T fitting for the front lines and run the rear line straight to an adjustable valve and sell the original prop valve to somebody who needs it. its a much cleaner arrangement and adjustable prop valves are pretty cheap from Summit.

if they say you might need an adjustable prop valve then why use the stock prop valve turned distribution block at all.
just run a brake line from the MC to a T fitting for the front lines and run the rear line straight to an adjustable valve and sell the original prop valve to somebody who needs it. its a much cleaner arrangement and adjustable prop valves are pretty cheap from Summit.

That is also in the instructions as an alternative?!?! I'll try and scan them and see if I can attach.

That gives me something else to think about. I still have the original distribution block. I was not looking forward to mounting the proportioning valve/distribution block and all the lines to the frame rail, next to the ill fitting header while lying on my back in a cold barn!!!!

i got one from dr. diff this year. it will be pushing viper fronts next month! i am working on rear disk also.

-
Back