4 years and no progress....life got in the way...have to get back on it

-

bbrroowwnn

never re member
Reaction score
Man, about 4 years and no progress on my 1929 dodge coupe....too much other crap going on in life and with other cars and projects....trying to get motivated to get back on it

Video by bbrroowwnn

coupe pic.jpg

th_00031_zps23c60d78.jpg

Looks finished to me. What all's left to do?

a lot of work yet.....chop windshield frame to fit chop, finish body work & paint, upholstery, finish sheet metal in trunk, front headlight and rear tail light wiring, put glass in it, install power window mechanisms on doors, install trunk lock/handle and many other things....and everything is custom.........You have to make everything....just can't go out and buy it....sure you can buy certain kits and motors but you have to make custom mounts and brackets to get them to work.

Last edited:
That car could get my blood pumping and ready to finish it.:steering::steering::steering:
It did for me for 3 years or so and has really come along way since I purchased it.....but just petered out the last 4 years......still love it....just have to get back on it.....

Looks real good. I really like the fact that you put a Mopar engine in it. I HATE it when I look at an old Dodge or Plymouth at a car show with a small black Chevy. I don't even like to see Fords with Chevy engines.

Man, about 4 years and no progress

I'm right there with ya!!!! I had hoped to be further along this year, but we had ONE HELL of a winter!!!! I don't have a shop much less a heated one, so I'm WAY behind. "Some woman" wrecking my Ranger didn't help speed things along!!!

I'm right there with ya!!!! I had hoped to be further along this year, but we had ONE HELL of a winter!!!! I don't have a shop much less a heated one, so I'm WAY behind. "Some woman" wrecking my Ranger didn't help speed things along!!!

yeah, I saw that and the trouble you had with State Farm.....Guess who I am with? you guessed it, State Farm......my house and my cars....paid in all my life with them.....never had a major claim with them over 30 years or so .....only 2 minor ones (2 broken windshields).....I am hoping if I ever have a major claim I will not have any trouble

Brownie, take rhe ball,. ....and go get it. SWEETNESS...,you have.....(sigh....).

Looks real good. I really like the fact that you put a Mopar engine in it. I HATE it when I look at an old Dodge or Plymouth at a car show with a small black Chevy. I don't even like to see Fords with Chevy engines.
I don't even like to see chevys with Chevy engines

I can certainly sympathize with losing interest. I think I've lost interest in wasting time and money on street cars. Life ticks along quickly. Today I think I made the decision to ditch the Mopar hobby and go back to dirt racing.

I started on my car 13 years ago and its still completely in pieces. Yeah I got sidetracked a little.

Sounds like a runner to me?

Windscreen=optional... goggles?

Side widows, optional...

Trunk stuff, Pfft.... don't open it....

Paint, nope.......

Lights, don't drive at night?

Seems done to me?

If you need more help just let me know..

:)

Nice car man, you know they don't make those any more right? So buying one new is out...

You drive it and all that little BS will be forgotten...

I can certainly sympathize with losing interest. I think I've lost interest in wasting time and money on street cars. Life ticks along quickly. Today I think I made the decision to ditch the Mopar hobby and go back to dirt racing.

Good lord you wanna really earn your rewards with a dirt track car lol.... On a side note an awesome friend who has now passed away said without a doubt his 2 years on the dirt was more fun than 30 years of drag racing..... I was responsible for the drivetrain stuff and he did really good his second year but we had a little bit of help from an old salty dog lol....
JW

If there was any place close at all to Bracket Race I would sell my Dart in a flash and build a foot brake style Bracket car. I prefer racing big time versus driving my car in a rod run or sit around in some parking lot. 150 miles one way is too long of a pull for a 68 year old guy even once a month. I started out gang busters on this car but have lost interest in it even though I still can't quite pull the trigger on trying to sell it.:BangHead::BangHead:

Sounds like a runner to me?

Windscreen=optional... goggles?

Side widows, optional...

Trunk stuff, Pfft.... don't open it....

Paint, nope.......

Lights, don't drive at night?

Seems done to me?

If you need more help just let me know..

:)

Nice car man, you know they don't make those any more right? So buying one new is out...

You drive it and all that little BS will be forgotten...

Yeah, tell that to the cops when I get pulled over

Nice!
I have a buddy building the exact same car! We found it in the bush and rescued it!
He is building a 354 Hemi and 4 speed. It has a long way to go but engine and trans is ready. Parts collected for the body. These Dodges are a tough find and a nice change from seeing the usual Fords. What front end and rear set up did you go with? More pictures?
Looking great!

HPIM0418.JPG

HPIM0419.JPG

HPIM0420.JPG

Nice!
I have a buddy building the exact same car! We found it in the bush and rescued it!
He is building a 354 Hemi and 4 speed. It has a long way to go but engine and trans is ready. Parts collected for the body. These Dodges are a tough find and a nice change from seeing the usual Fords. What front end and rear set up did you go with? More pictures?
Looking great!

View attachment 1715060591

View attachment 1715060592

View attachment 1715060593

Very neat.....If you click "view my photos" under my avatar on this site, it will take you to my photo garage that has an album of the car.....has mustang II coil over front suspension and 8-1/4 rear with 3.55 gears out of a 1996 jeep cherokee

Nice!
Looking great!

View attachment 1715060591

View attachment 1715060592

View attachment 1715060593

Treat that trunk lid like gold.....you are lucky you have it ....almost all are missing from people taking them off in the 30s and 40s using the trunk space like a pickup truck....I looked for years....nobody has one for sale....I know people that would pay 1000 dollars for that trunk lid alone....I had to fill mine in from the window down and use a model A trunk lid because I couldn't find one

-
Back