400/440 in 74 Chrysler New yorker

-

Fisher

Old Guy with a Cool car.
Reaction score
I was chatting with a fellow tonight who said he has a 74 new yorker with a front mounted distributor. lol He inherited an auto wrecking yard. I said i would take the motor and transmission kick down linkage complete package regardless of what it is as a core. This stuff is 6 hours away, he will send pictures.

What are the odds if it is a 440 that it will have a steel crank in it? Either way if its a 400 or a 440 its a good block for a stroker build. Since its all original it will most likely be std bore. I said i would give him $400 for the motor and trans providing its not seized he will deliver it here too.

Chances are the crankshaft will be a cast steel crank rather than a forged steel crank.

So what use it anyway you're not going to be putting out 800 horsepower.

Big block 727 cores are getting harder to find. It will most likely be a cast crank. For $400 it is a deal...... exhaust manifolds, alternator and PS brackets, engine mounts, kickdown..... it all adds up. You should get the driveshaft as well, if it hasnt been bent by the scrapyard forklift it is a great candidate for cutting down and will most certainly have the large 7290 u joints.

I bet that stuff is ESPECIALLY hard to find "up there!!!"

-
Back