-
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamm

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a 400 project engine. Doesn't need to be in working order, but needs to be in good condition for rebuild. Looking to do a 400 stroker. I'm having a tough time with local scrap yards. I would prefer something close to northern MN so that shipping costs aren't more than the engine. Thanks much!

You coming up North any time soon? I know you Floridians enjoy the snow so much...

Good luck. They're still out there, but getting real tough to find. I managed to find a '72 that hadn't been apart since the summer of '71 except for a timing chain a couple of weeks ago and the yard was having a half-price weekend ($95 out the door)..........That yard still had a 76-ish shortblock, but we're also a long way from you.........

My brother, cu440da, has one he might sell. He lives in Cottage Grove and we get up to the iron range from time to time. Want me to see if it's available? Actually we end up in Cotton, about 45 minutes from Duluth proper.

My brother, cu440da, has one he might sell. He lives in Cottage Grove and we get up to the iron range from time to time. Want me to see if it's available? Actually we end up in Cotton, about 45 minutes from Duluth proper.

That would be fantastic. I'm from the iron range and just moved down here a couple years ago. Let me know the details and we'll take it from there. Thank you!

Ahhhh! Sorry, but he sold his 400 since last fall. I didn't know. I thought he still had it in his Cuda to make it driveable. Have you tried Jackson's Old Time Auto Parts in Duluth? They have tons of NOS and used parts available. 6220 Grand Avenue, Duluth, MN 55807-2416
218-624-5791.

I got a 440 apart on the engine stand. Good condtion. If you want to go
that way? 440= 496. Sell cheap and not to far away. Northern Wisconsin.
Just pm me.

Depending on adamm and of course you price, I would be intetested in your 440. Adamm gets first dibs since this is his post, but if he doesn't want it....

Feel free to jump on that 440, and no worries on the other. I've rebuilt a couple 440's and I'm itching to stroke out a 400 since I've never done one. I really appreciate the help! I'll give Jackson's a jingle. It's about 4 blocks from my place. I haven't actually tried there at all yet.

If I can build a little patience a good deal will show up. It's tough though when I'm chomping at the bit to get started!

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the nationals this year. Things just didn't line up for me.

Feel free to jump on that 440, and no worries on the other. I've rebuilt a couple 440's and I'm itching to stroke out a 400 since I've never done one. I really appreciate the help! I'll give Jackson's a jingle. It's about 4 blocks from my place. I haven't actually tried there at all yet.

If I can build a little patience a good deal will show up. It's tough though when I'm chomping at the bit to get started!

It seems to me there is a good old time boneyard in Virginia or Mt. Iron / Gilbert area as well. I'll check with my brother. He knows all the good boneyards.

There are a few that I've tried. Koivisto's out in Aurora might have one. He was going to get back to me this week after he took a look. I also tried Olson's in Keewatin, A+ in Gilbert, Buria's in Mt. Iron, Chesney's, Cavalry, and 210 in Duluth and a couple others that I can't think of right now. If you know of anymore please pass it on! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back