408 ci twin turbo

-

93toyota

Reaction score
I had an idea today to build a 408 ci twin turbo for my 71 duster. Of course I would have to beef the rear and tranny. But what size turbo's? They would not have to be huge but enough to get 700hp about. And what would be a safe comp ratio? Anyone have any ideas or experience with turbo's? Any help would be great

Right off the top of my head:

- Do not go over 9:1 CR
- Convert the car to EFI (Edelbrock or Electromotive). Carbs have a tough time keeping up with proper fuel ratios at different boost pressures.
- Use an air cooler (Cummins Turbo air coolers work good)

We have a member in our car club that built his own twin turbo 440 Belvedere. It was close to 700hp at the tires back when it was carb'ed....I think he told me it's close to 800 with the EFI on it.

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/alexander65.html

Yep thats my next build. 8.5 compression forged pistons, forged rods and a steel crank. An 850dp carb (I've worked on lots of efi turbo cars and the only way to make em run right all the time is to rip all that crap out and run a blowthru carb thats been tuned on the dyno) on an M1 intake. Regulate the fuel and fab up some headers. T04b's would be alittle small for a 408 but would work. I like the T66 sizes or twin T70's. Or just run a single 101mm and call it done. :salut:

-
Back