408 kit

-
any suggestions ?

What is your budget? What are you planning on doing with the 408 stroker? Street? Track? a little of both? Tell us a little bit more, I am sure there will be many questions to follow but with out the basic information its just an empty page.

69 Swinger 340 auto 3:55 gear. Mostly street use. 408 stroker. have good 72 360 block

scat kit or ohio crankshaft kit, to simplify bolt on's like balancers and swapping trans/convertors you can have it internally balanced for an extra 250-300, but its not a must do thing at all.

Ok I will bite. Budget? End goal? I know you said street use but seriously? Do you want something with 300hp or something with 500hp? Also I know a very good engine builder in WA that is excellent with Magnum motors. He has went 11.59 in a clubcad Dakota with bone stock short block and heads. There are varying grades of parts from fully forged to cast. We need to know exactly what you want it to be when finished. No sense building it only reach it's limits and then have to buy things twice and tear it back apart or start over. I don't know everything but I can help steer in the right direction and if I don't know I can get the answer.

Ok I will bite. Budget? End goal? I know you said street use but seriously? Do you want something with 300hp or something with 500hp? Also I know a very good engine builder in WA that is excellent with Magnum motors. He has went 11.59 in a clubcad Dakota with bone stock short block and heads. There are varying grades of parts from fully forged to cast. We need to know exactly what you want it to be when finished. No sense building it only reach it's limits and then have to buy things twice and tear it back apart or start over. I don't know everything but I can help steer in the right direction and if I don't know I can get the answer.

Corey, he asked about kits, not cams.... not heads, not about 1/4 drag racing and your buddy with a magnum...which again, another something he didnt ask about.

Anyone whos really in this game 'not just writing checks to builders' knows there isnt a kit out there with less than 9 something to one pistons... which even then can be used to make 10.5 comp.

lets try not to jump too far ahead.

I'm running a complete Scat kit in mine. I have no complaints with it.

Ted

Corey, he asked about kits, not cams.... not heads, not about 1/4 drag racing and your buddy with a magnum...which again, another something he didnt ask about.

Anyone whos really in this game 'not just writing checks to builders' knows there isnt a kit out there with less than 9 something to one pistons... which even then can be used to make 10.5 comp.

lets try not to jump too far ahead.

I also didn't mention heads or cams. And I never said he should write a check to a builder. I gave suggestions and asked for more info on his end goal. But I will keep my opinion to myself from now on. You guys keep building whatever it is you build. And I will keep any new info from this site.

I also didn't mention heads or cams. And I never said he should write a check to a builder. I gave suggestions and asked for more info on his end goal. But I will keep my opinion to myself from now on. You guys keep building whatever it is you build. And I will keep any new info from this site.

Corey please don't be offended by what was said in response to your comments. You are the correct one and was only trying to offer your experience. Sometimes unthinking people cause hard feelings and start pissing contests. I know you're above that so don't let what was said deter you from sharing. I'm sorry you were insulted by a careless remark. It's a new year how about thinking before typing Clint! Dan

Get the forged crank no matter what... I went cast but wish I went Forged. This will allow you to do whatever you wish later on

I bought the unbalanced forged Scat kit from Summit Racing last year. They should be running their discount here in the next month or so, so pick your kit out and have your money ready. I had less than 48 hours to pull the trigger when the discount popped up. I bought the rotating assembly, Edelbrock heads and a bunch of misc parts. Saved a ton.

Do you have a performance goal in mind? What is your total budget?

-
Back